Saturday, November 16, 2019

Selected scriptures from today's blog


(Recommend:  Think on these things.)


I Samuel 4:27-36   And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house?

And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be MY priest, to offer upon Mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before ME? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?

Wherefore kick ye at MY sacrifice and at Mine offering, which I have commanded in MY habitation; and honourest thy sons above ME, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel MY people?

Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before ME for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from ME; for them that honour ME I will honour, and they that despise ME shall be lightly esteemed.


Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.

And thou shalt see an enemy in MY habitation, in all the wealth which God shall give Israel: and there shall not be an old man in thine house for ever.

And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from Mine altar, shall be to consume thine eyes, and to grieve thine heart: and all the increase of thine house shall die in the flower of their age.

And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them.

And I will raise ME up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in Mine heart and in MY mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before Mine anointed for ever.

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests' offices, that I may eat a piece of bread. 

***

Proverbs 22:1   The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: HE turneth it whithersoever HE will.

***

Romans 9:11-16    (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of HIM that calleth;)  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.  As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

For HE saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 

So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

***

Isaiah 55:8-11    For MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, saith the Lord.   For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways, and MY thoughts than your thoughts.  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall MY word be that goeth forth out of MY mouth: it shall not return unto ME void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

***

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***

Matthew 7:24-27  whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

***

John 14:6
  Jesus says:  I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by ME.

John 1:1-4   In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him (The Word); and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him (The Word) was life; and the life (The Word) was the light  of men. 

John 1:14   And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld HIS glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

***

John 6:33    For the bread of God is HE which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

35  And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to ME shall never hunger; and he that believeth on ME shall never thirst.

48  I am that bread of life.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is MY flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth MY flesh, and drinketh MY blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 

55 For MY flesh is meat indeed, and MY blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth MY flesh, and drinketh MY blood, dwelleth in ME, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent ME, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth ME, even he shall live by ME.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
 


***

Joshua 1:5 & Hebrews 13:5  God says to His children:  I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

***

Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of Me, saith the Lord.  

***

Matthew 28:20    Jesus, The Word says ... lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

***

Philippians 4:19  my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (THE WORD).

***

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  

***

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.  

***

Matthew 16:13-18  When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but My Father which is in heaven.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build MY church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Peter was blessed because of the word God revealed to him. The Word revealed by God by HIS Spirit to us is the rock. The gates of hell will not prevail against that Word revealed to us by God.

***

II Peter 3:10-14    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,   Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

*** 

I Peter 4:1-2 ... Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

***

I Corinthians 9:24-27   Paul said:  Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.  

***

Galatians 5:19-21 ... Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.


***

Galatians 2:20 ... I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave HIMSELF for me.


***

Romans 6:3-4 ... Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into HIS death? Therefore we are buried with HIM by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

*** 

Galations 5:22-26 ... But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
 

***

Matthew 7:  Presented today


*****