Tuesday, November 26, 2019

* God will not allow more to come upon us than we can bear.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I had a young friend named David.  He was diagnosed with the disease ALS about a month after I met him.  I was horrified for I had another friend die of this disease.

David lived about 4 more years, becoming paralyzed inch by inch all over his body.

But it was amazing.  If you had spoken by phone with David, you would not have known anything was wrong with him.

We tend to be afraid when we see another person go through something like this and we often think, "I don't think I could have stood this if it had happened to me."

Perhaps not.  But it did not happen to me, thank God!  

But we also should know if it had happened it would  have been possible for me to endure even in this for God will not give us more than we can stand.

I Corinthians 10:13   There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Certainly where sin is concerned, God will not allow us to be tempted more than we are able to withstand.

In the temptation, if we really want to endure without sin, God will cause us to endure and make the way to escape.

We pray asking God for help and if we are shown anything to do after prayer, we do that.

And we have the following promise:

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

So when tempted, we pray for wisdom concerning how to deal with that temptation.  And that wisdom from God will be given to us and we then do what we believe God has shown us to do.

***

In January 2019, I was confronted, after an accident and surgery, with being in a rehabilitation hospital alone for 2 1/2 months.

That seemed impossible to me at the time.

But I prayed, asking God to help me to get through this time in that hospital alone.

Time flew by.

A few weeks into that time, I realized how well I was doing and how much time had passed without my thinking about it, and I remembered that I had talked to God and asked HIM to help me ... and HE did!

***

Almost daily, I pray, asking God to fill my day with good.

And HE does.

*****