Monday, November 18, 2019

* Helped by the Holy Spirit of God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In approximately 2003, we built a house for me to live in at Lubbock, Texas.  It is a nice house and we had a skillful contractor.

The downstairs area of the house, which was the original plan, cost approximately $375,000, including a cinder block fence at back.

However when it was scheduled for me to move into the house, it was not ready.  There was a large upstairs "storage area" that ran the length of the house, which had bath at one end, and we did not plan to finish this area.  But because of my need for a place to live, we had contractor finish this area.  This added approximately $100,000 to the cost of building.

I lived in that house until December 6, 2018, when I fell and broke a hip and a wrist.  As they were removing me from the house to take me to hospital, they rolled me on gurney past the front door and I clearly heard the following:  "You'll never see this house again."

I put it on the "for-sale" market immediately.

We ended up changing realtors 3 times before we settled on one realtor to represent the property.

With that realtor, we listed the house at $350,000, which was approximately the building cost of the downstairs area, and we felt would give the buyer a very good house at a very good price for buyer.

***

In November, 2019, we received an offer on the house.

The realtor said she apologized for bringing this offer since she thought it to be far too low.  But she felt she had to present it to us anyway.  A man offered $215,000.

We counter offered $315,000 ... an unbelievable bargain for this quality of house.

The man declined.


***

Did we make a mistake in not selling?  We could have avoided the next insurance billing of approximately $700 for six-months ... and we could have stopped having to pay utilities and lawn upkeep, approximately $400 per month.

As I thought on my possible mistake, the Holy Spirit reminded me of a scripture which settled me greatly.

Exodus 10:24-26    And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said, Go ye, serve the Lord; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed: let your little ones also go with you.

(only leave behind your flock and herds)

And Moses said, Thou must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice unto the Lord our God.
  26 Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve the Lord our God; and we know not with what we must serve the Lord, until we come thither.

Neither do we know what we will need in the future to sustain our lives on this earth.

By this word, I felt God was showing me I did the correct thing in not accepting the severely underpriced offer on this house.

We will wait for the buyer appointed by God.


*****