Tuesday, November 19, 2019

* The anchor for our souls in the decisions we make on this present earth.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Sometimes we will hear an instruction from the Spirit of God before we make a decision and that "word" becomes our direction and an anchor for our soul when doubts arise about that decision.

An example of this is the following:

December 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas and had to be taken to hospital.  As the ambulance workers rolled me on gurney past my front door of my house, I heard:  "You'll never see this house again."

I didn't know where I would go after my time in hospital but I knew I would not return to that house.

A woman in our church group said to me, "I don't see how you can do this."  (put house up for sale)

I said:  "This is what I heard from God."

I moved from hospital in Texas directly to Colorado.  I had no problem in doing this for I was sure I had heard from God that I would not be returning to house in Texas.

This "WORD" was an anchor for my soul.

That Texas house was put on real estate market, "for sale", in December 2018 ... Months passed and house did not sell ... Thought came that I might need that house in future, but I did not "entertain" that thought in my mind for I had heard I would never see that house again.

The anchor for my soul was the Word I had heard from the Spirit of God.

***

Sometimes we make a decision before we have a WORD from God and torments come to us telling us we did the wrong thing in our decision.  We have no anchor for our soul.

So we can pray even after we have done something and often God will give us something that comforts us.

Concerning this Texas house.  It remained on the real estate market. We did not have any offers on the house until November 2019.  But the offer was so low the real estate agent was ashamed to even present the offer to us.  It was $135,000 below the listed price.

We made a counter offer.  But the prospective buyer declined.

The house continued on the "for-sale" market.

The devil torments us by bringing fearful thoughts to our minds whenever possible.

"What if I made a mistake by not selling to the man who made that low-priced offer?"  

"What if there are no more offers?"

God brings comforting thoughts to our minds by the Holy Spirit.

A scripture was brought to my mind as follows:

Pharaoh told Moses he could go out and worship his God, only he must leave the cattle behind when he took the people out.

Exodus 10:24-26    And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said, Go ye, serve the Lord; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed: let your little ones also go with you.

(Leave your live stock behind.)

25 And Moses said, Thou must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice unto the Lord our God.  Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve the Lord our God; and we know not with what we must serve the Lord, until we come thither.

By this scripture, I believed God was showing me it was the right thing not to leave the money from the house behind.

This scripture, verse 26, was an anchor for my soul when thoughts came that I should have taken that low priced offer.

***

How does God communicate with us today?

* Often God leads us by thoughts which come into our mind.

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

We will be trying to make a decision and we will be reminded of a scripture and by that we have faith to make a decision.

In approximately 1976, I was offered $10,000 "free" legal service ... Should I accept?  What is the will of God in this matter? I began praying.

I was reminded of a scripture:  Genesis 14:23  That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

By that scripture which the Holy Spirit brought to my mind, I believed God was telling me not to take the "free" legal service.  So I declined the offer and everything worked out where I didn't need the lawyers... for a week or so later the man dropped all charges against me.

***

The devil also brings thoughts but those thoughts from devil cause fear and also those thoughts of devil torment us.

John 10:10    The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


***

*  Sometimes God will speak to us by HIS angel.  The angel can appear to us as a man who speaks or the angel can speak though a "voice" without any physical image.

I believe it was an angel of the Lord who spoke the Word of God to me showing me to go on radio in 1980.  It happened in the night while I was sleeping.  A very loud, trumpet-like voice spoke 3 words into my ear:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"  

I awoke immediately and found out KWJS was radio.  I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."

A gentle thought from God by HIS Spirit came into my mind showing me what to do: "Call the radio station manager."

I did what I heard to do and by the following week I was broadcasting exhortations on radio KWJS.

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

It was very easy for me to make an audition tape since I already had a tape recorder at my apartment.  So I made the audition tape that same morning that I had the word, KWJS,  and mailed it to the station manager that same day.

How do YOU want me to pay for the broadcasts?  I prayed.

Gentle voice:  Write a letter to the people you know and tell them what happened.

I did that immediately, even before I had a contract from radio station.

I did not ask for money.  I just told what had happened

People sent money immediately.  One man even hand carried money to my apartment.  It was more than enough to pay for the first month of broadcasts which cost $800 per month.

(I probably knew only about 15 people at that time in church but I made copies of letter telling what had happened and sent those letters to these people.)

By a year or so after I began broadcasting on radio station KWJS, I was on radio from coast to coast.  There was considerable expense.  Thoughts came to me that I shouldn't have added those other stations.

But what had I heard in the night when I heard "KWJS" ?

I heard:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I believed God was showing me I would be on radio from coast to coast exactly as it happened.

And even though this cost a lot of money, we received the money to pay as long as I continued on radio.

What to do and how to do it?  (both answered by God through HIS Spirit)


***

We learn how to hear from God.  We learn how to evaluate whether or not what we heard is from God.  And we act upon that word by faith after we believe that word is from God.

Many times God spoke to the people in the examples of the Old Testament.

Isaiah 16:1  And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons

How did Samuel know this was "The Lord" speaking?   

Did God appear to Samuel as a physical image or by an audible type voice heard by all or was it by a thought brought to Samuel's mind?

I believe these examples of God speaking are usually a thought brought to our mind.

Recently I was reading Bible and a thought was brought to my mind and I was carried away in the Spirit for a few moments.  

It was as if I were in the master bedroom of my previous house in Texas that is for-sale.  I was explaining something to a woman.  I was showing her wall electrical switch whereby you turn on the light for a ceiling fan.  I had no light on my ceiling fan but contractor put a wiring for fixture and put a light switch on wall whereby the light could be turned on if a person added a fan with a light.  I was showing this to her.

Then I returned to my "flesh" and thought about that which had just happened.  I believe I had a "vision" from God which showed me the time would come when that house would sell.

***

* God speaks to us by dreams also to give us instruction and to show us things to come.

In the 1980's, I had a dream where gold was $906 an ounce.  At the time of this dream, gold was $288 an ounce.  After this dream, I used excess money to buy gold coins.  I had accumulated several ounces of gold between the years 1980 and 2002.  I used 10 ounces to pay my contractor in Texas for some of the excess construction cost on house.  Then sometime around 2012, gold reached $906 per ounce.  I sold all of the gold coins and went on radio in Lubbock, exhorting the church, and used the money from the gold to pay for radio broadcasts.  Gold went much higher than $906 per ounce.  I think it was around $1500 per ounce when thoughts came telling me how I should have kept that gold and made more money.  But I had heard $906 per ounce in that dream and that is where I believed God wanted me to sell the accumulated gold.

All that matters is doing that which you believe God wants you to do.

***

The WORD we hear from God through thoughts, visions, angels, dreams are anchors for our soul helping us to live in peace and to have confidence in God.

But we have to learn to listen ... and we have to learn to distinguish which thoughts are from God ... and we learn to move by faith in God and by this word after we believe that word is from God.

*****