Saturday, November 16, 2019

* Follow God. Wait on God. Move quickly after you hear.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Samuel 13:8-13    And he (Saul, the king of Israel) tarried seven days, according to the set time that Samuel had appointed: but Samuel came not to Gilgal; and the people were scattered from him.

And Saul said, Bring hither a burnt offering to me, and peace offerings. And he offered the burnt offering.

And it came to pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might salute him.


And Samuel said, What hast thou done? 



And Saul said, Because I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash;

Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the Lord: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering.



(This, the burnt offering, was what Samuel was supposed to do but Saul "forced himself" and didn't wait for Samuel, the prophet.)

And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the Lord thy God, which HE commanded thee: for now would the Lord have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.


But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the Lord hath sought him a man after HIS own heart, and the Lord hath commanded him to be captain over HIS people, because thou hast not kept that which the Lord commanded thee.


***

We learn to follow God, to follow the Spirit of God in us.

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***

We also learn to wait until we hear from God before we do anything.

In approximately 1978, I was persuaded I was to go into ministry full time.

I owned a business at that time.  I closed my business on July 31, 1979.  

I had no where to go but I did feel I had heard to close my business so I did what I felt God was telling me to do.

I had money from sale of merchandise which I could live on but no other income.

Though I knew some things about my calling, I did not try to find a salaried job in any church group.  I just stayed at my apartment and waited, attending church services and prayer group.  Having no instruction from God concerning "where" I was to go.

During the next 6 months, a job surfaced at a college in Dallas, Christ for the Nations.  It was dean of women.  I had an earned doctorate in education and I might have applied for that salaried job, but it just didn't fit the concept of that which I felt I was called by God to do in the church.

So I waited.

I had no idea concerning what was going to happen.

We have to move quickly when we hear from God but we also have to wait until we hear from God, putting our trust in God.

On the night of January 10, 1980, in the night while I slept, a very loud, trumpet-like voice spoke three words into my ear:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I knew I was to be a minister and I knew which ministries I was called to, but I had no idea I would be doing these ministries on radio prior to this word.

After hearing that word, I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I'm a writer, not a speaker.  I wouldn't know how to do that."

A thought as followed was brought to my mind after I prayed this:

"Call the radio station manager."

That same morning, as soon as I thought the radio station would be open, I called and asked to speak to the station manager.

He came on the phone immediately.  

I told him God might be showing me to go on radio and I asked him how you would do that.

He replied:  "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our broadcasts we will offer you a contract."

I made the audition tape immediately, that same morning, and put it into the mail that day.

I didn't fret over any of these things.  I just did them.  I didn't consider the quality of the recording or even the message.  I had a tape recorder at my apartment so I just got the kitchen timer and set it for the 29 1/2 minutes and prayed and began speaking.  (No editing of tape.  I didn't know how to edit a tape.  And I still don't know how to edit a tape.)

By the start of the next week, I was broadcasting exhortations for the church on radio KWJS.


***

If I had applied for that job at Christ for the Nations, and had gotten that job, I would have missed the way God had for me to go.

Had I gone to churches asking for work, I believe I would have failed.

But the way God showed me to go by HIS word that night worked.  It was actually easy for me to do for I already had the recorder.  All I had to do was speak, by faith.

The way is there to accomplish the word.  We just might not see that way ahead of time.  So we wait ... then after we hear, we move as quickly as possible.

Why wait when you believe God has given you the way?

***

March, 2012 ... I had a dream which I believe pertained to a blog on Internet.

I had never seen a blog, except once in a movie.  But because of that dream, that same morning I called Pam Padgett who had been a computer programmer at Fed Ex.  I asked her if she could set up a blog for us.  She said she had no  experience with blogs but she thought she could.  She did and within about a day or so we were writing exhortations for the church on our blog.

***

Approximately 2015, an idea came concerning possibility of writing a book showing how to use a Kindle table.  I asked Pam Padgett about co-authoring such a book and I looked on Internet to see "how to publish" a book on Amazon.

Amazingly it would cost us nothing to do this.  Pam could also do the technical work required by Amazon so we began writing.  First we were writing for e-book publication but then we also found we could publish paperback without charge to us.  

After we finished writing, Pam was working on the technical publishing and I had finished all my  work toward this book when the idea came, "Maybe I could write ministry books on Amazon."

I prayed, asking God if I should do this and I had the following brought to my mind as I prayed:

"I Am with you whither-so-ever you go."

So I began immediately writing Taking Thoughts Captive.


***

It is all laid out before us when God wants us to do something.  We just move in by faith, like Moses and Joshua moved in and took the land before them.

***

Had I tried to get a salaried job at a church it would not have worked at all.

I knew my calling:  apostle/prophet

Even when the church groups professed to believe there are apostles and prophets today, I had never seen any church groups where apostles were visible and functioning.

And the religious people always kill the prophets!

But on radio, no one edited my broadcasts. They were presented exactly the way I recorded them as long as I was on the air.

And the same is true on the blog and in the books on Amazon.

God called me and God laid the way out in front of me and all I had to do was make the move to enter in.

*****