Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Hymn: Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow'r




(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1.  Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow’r?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?


Chorus:

Are you washed …
  in the blood,

In the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?

Are your garments spotless? 
Are they white as snow?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?


2.  Are you walking daily by the Savior’s side?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Do you rest each moment in the Crucified?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?


3.  When the Bridegroom cometh will your robes be white!
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Will your soul be ready for His presence bright,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb?


4.  Lay aside the garments that are stained with sin,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb;
There’s a fountain flowing for the soul unclean,

O be washed in the blood of the Lamb.


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****


Scriptures pertaining to this hymn:

Romans 5:5-9     the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.  For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

But God commendeth HIS love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

(We didn't shed our blood to pay for our sins but Jesus shed His blood for our sins ... without shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins.  Hebrews 9:22 ... we cannot hope to pay for our sins and our wrong actions by our good works ... only by the shed blood of Jesus are we cleansed)


*** 

The new covenant replaces the old covenant:

Hebrews 10:9-14   Then said HE, Lo, I come to do THY will, O God. HE taketh away the first (covenant), that HE may establish the second. 

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 

And every priest (old testament) standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man (Jesus), after HE had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 

From henceforth expecting till HIS enemies be made HIS footstool. 

For by one offering HE (Jesus) hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

***
 
Testimony of Pam Padgett

When I was 14 years old a boy in my class at school was killed in a motorcycle accident.

For the first time, I realized that I could die.

I was terrified.

Somehow, I strongly knew that the various things I had learned to do in the Catholic church would not keep me from going to hell.

My only hope was God.

I began praying ... "I know there is the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, but I don't know which one to pray to.  So please get this to the right one."

I went on to ask that God would somehow save me.

I was changed from within, born again, and wanted to do what God wanted me to do and to please Him.  And I had such a strong desire to read the Bible. 

Not long after this, I realized there was something of God in me.

A few years later I read the following scripture and, for the first time, realized that it was the Holy Spirit in me:    

I Corinthians 6:19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  


***

Matthew 11:28-30   Jesus says ... Come unto ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take MY yoke upon you, and learn of ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For MY yoke is easy, and MY burden is light.

Yoking yourself to Jesus for basic salvation is critical.  But it is also critical to yoke yourself to Jesus when you make plans after you are born again.  

For the plans we make could be plans of our own flesh or of other human beings or plans of the devil.  If such, dread will likely be the resulting fruit.  

For the yokes of man, and the yokes of the devil, and the yokes of our own flesh are hard, whereas the yoke of God is easy.  

Victorious Christians succeed in plans of God because they yoke themselves to plans of God through prayer and through being established by God in the plan. 


*****