Wednesday, January 25, 2023

πŸ’₯ The power of God that is in us.

 
Ephesians 3:20

Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The power that works in us is the power of the Holy Spirit of God, the Spirit of Jesus, who does the following:

* Teaches us all things (Jn. 14:26)
* Reminds us of all that Jesus has said  (Jn. 14:26)
* Guides us into all truth  (Jn. 16:13)
* Shows us things to come  (Jn. 16:13)

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The Holy Spirit will bring to our mind a scripture or a concept to show us what to do.

πŸ’₯ In 2020, I was thinking about putting new upholstery upon my 25 year old car.  

As I thought about doing this, I heard the following word which I knew was from God by the Holy Spirit sending this thought into my mind:  "Or you could just buy a new car."

It was like being struck by a lightning bolt for I had never considered buying a new car.

As I thought about it, I realized I could buy a new car and pay cash, because I had just sold the house in Texas and the money was sitting in my bank account.

That night I had a dream where I had bought a new car.

The day after the dream we went to look at new cars and I bought a new car.  We sold one of the old cars and I gave away my old car to a man who needed a big trunk on a car to carry his son's wheelchair.  (The son was a teenager who had CP.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

John 10  (Jesus says)

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

27 My sheep hear MY voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

4 And when HE putteth forth HIS own sheep, HE goeth before them, and the sheep follow HIM: for they know HIS voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  A 70+ year old man in our little church group went into the back yard at his house and noticed his overfilled storage house, and he thought, "Maybe I should build another building for my stuff."

And the Holy Spirit brought this to his mind:  "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff."

He, too, felt like he was stopped by a bolt of lightning.  He began thinking of what he had heard from God and decided to get rid of the stuff.

Shortly after this he had an heart attack and would have been burdened by all this stuff.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
  
πŸ’₯  In 2018, I had a serious fall at my house in Texas, where I lived alone.  I was about 6 ft. away from the nearest phone.  My left hip was broken and my left wrist was bent totally back toward my arm.  

I managed to roll onto my right side and I tried to crawl to the phone to get help.  But it was so painful I couldn't go more than an inch at a time and even then I would almost pass out because of the extreme pain.

If I didn't reach the phone, I knew I would likely die in that hallway because no one was due to come to my house for at least a week.

As I thought about this, I heard the following from God.  "You can do this." 

Because of that  word, I resumed inching my way toward the phone.  It took 4 1/2 hours but I did get help. 

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ (The Word) which strengtheneth me. 

As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of my house, I heard another word from God:  "You'll never see this house again."

So from the hospital I put the Texas house up for sale.  

One of our church members said, "I don't see how you can do this."

I replied:  "But I've heard from God that I will never see this house again."

I knew God had another plan for me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Sometimes God plants in our heart HIS plan for us and as needed we just know what to do.

The night before surgery, the church member who lived in Lubbock was in my room.  A nurse came in and said to me, "We must know who is medically responsible for making decisions over you if you are unable to do so."  Without any hesitation I replied, "Pam Padgett is in charge of me."  

The church member who was in my room and heard this said: "I don't see how Pam can be in charge.  She doesn't even live here.  She is 450 miles away in Colorado."

I replied:  " I don't know "howshe can be but she is!"

(I think God made this selection and put it directly into my heart.)

Even before the accident, God had shown me I couldn't continue to live alone.  I was 81.  So I knew a change was coming.  (The Holy Spirit shows us things to come.  John 16:13)  

And before the accident, Pam had the thought, "I wish Joan would move to Colorado so she would be closer where I could help her."

Six-months before I fell, Pam began construction at her house, adding a shower to her downstairs bath and turning her office area, which was downstairs, into a bedroom, separating it by adding a wall between it and moving her TV to the fireplace area.  She had been helping her elderly neighbor who didn't have a downstairs bedroom and she began to see how difficult that can be.  And she fell twice and wasn't injured so she felt she might at some point need a bedroom/bath downstairs.  She finished the construction in January, 2019.  I moved to her house February 24, 2019.  (I could not have moved there except for the fact of her adding a downstairs bedroom.)  Even her Catholic neighbor saw God leading in this matter!

I've been at Pam's house 4 years.  It has been great living with another believer because we have the same Spirit of God in us.  And we both follow God by HIS Spirit and are usually in agreement and even the few times we have differed, God has changed me so we come into agreement.

Pam and I have worked together since 2012 when we started the blog.  She is a computer programmer, retired from FedEx a month before I heard from God to start a blog in 2012.  When I heard to do this I called Pam immediately and asked her to set up the blog.  Then in 2015 I heard from God to write ministry books.  She did all the required technical work which made it possible to publish our books on Amazon.  Then in 2020, I was led to begin Podcasts and Pam did the technical work to allow us to broadcast Podcasts.  

It has been much easier to make publishing decisions since we now live in the same house.

Isaiah 45:2   I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯