Wednesday, January 11, 2023

πŸ’₯ Jesus says: "I am the way, the truth, and the life."


John 14:6

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by ME.

(No man comes to God by Buddha or Mohammed or any other name.  Only by Jesus, the Word, the Holy Bible, do we come to the God who created the heaven and earth.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Jesus, The Word, is the way to go in this life.  

So we are very careful to do those scriptures brought to our attention.  As we read the Bible we must be sensitive to any verse called to our attention.  That is a special message to us from God. 

One of the early verses I did in 1975 after I was born again was the following:

πŸ’₯  Romans 13:8  Owe no man any thing, 

I felt strongly I was to get out of debt and stay out of debt.  

I began immediately to pray for wisdom in how to get out of debt.  

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him

Shortly after that, I was on a buying trip for the small business which I owned at that time (American Indian Arts).  

I always prayed for God to show me what to buy before I got to the reservations.  

I was in a store in Santa Fe where I had purchased some things in past, when I noticed an old Navajo rug.  (We did not sell rugs at my shop but I couldn't walk away from "this" rug.)  It was $500.  I bought it.

(God often led me by strong interest in items.)

I returned to Dallas where I lived and the next day a man came to buy jewelry, but he noticed this rug which was rolled up next to the wall.  He asked me what that was.  I said, "It's an old Navajo rug." 

(I had the rug appraised before taking it back to Dallas and the appraiser said it was really a fine example of Navajo rugs and would go up in value through the years.  She said, "You need to price that rug where it will not sell.  It is worth $1500 now but will rise in price significantly from that.")

I rolled the rug out and the man looked at it and said, "How much?"  I replied, " $5,000."  He said, "I'll take it."  

I was horrified.

I always protected my customers and never overcharged for anything!

I tried to talk him out of buying the rug. But when I couldn't persuade him otherwise, I said:  "I will not cash your check for a week.  In that time if you decide you do not want the rug, bring it back, and I will give you your check back."

I never heard from that man again so after a week, I deposited his check and I wrote out a check for $6,000 and paid all my debt.

Through the next 45 years, I was never in debt again.  If I couldn't pay for something, I didn't buy it.  And I lived strictly by the cash I had at the time if I wanted something.  I didn't even buy my first house until I had the money to pay for it.  I know that doesn't seem wise to most people but I did feel very strongly that was how God wanted me to live so that is how I lived.  "Owe no man any thing."  And I was greatly blessed through the years, living in much peace, as I continued to do this scripture.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


I learned to live by the Spirit, The Holy Spirit.

John 14:26  Jesus said:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

When the Holy Spirit called a scripture to my attention, I focused on that verse and did that instruction over and over, sometimes even for many years unto this present time.

John 8:31-32  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on HIM, If ye continue in MY word, then are ye MY disciples indeed;  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And if God speaks to us directly by giving us information, by bringing ideas to our mind, we do that, when we are persuaded it is God speaking to us.

John 10:10  Jesus says:  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I'm absolutely certain that God leads me by HIS Word in the way to go that is best for me!

Ephesians 3:20  Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

"The power that worketh is us" is the Holy Spirit of God WHO searches the heart of God to show us the will of God for us.  When we go that way, according to the Word, we go in the way of God and in the right way, the best way!

I Corinthians 2:9-13  (That which the Holy Spirit does for us.)

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love HIM.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by HIS Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

(I've had many Words brought to my mind by God to show me what to do.)

In 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  

I was in the hallway about 6 feet from the nearest phone.  I knew I was badly injured.  My left hip and left wrist were badly broken.  I managed to turn onto my right side as I was lying on the tile floor.  I tried to crawl to the area where the phone was located but the pain was so terrible I would almost pass out each time I moved.  But if I couldn't get to the phone for help I also knew I might die there because no one was due to come to my house (where I lived alone) until the following Monday.  

As I considered what to do, I had a word from God come to my mind by the Holy Spirit saying:  "You can do this."  

Because of that word, I began inching my way toward the phone.  It took 4 1/2 hours to get to the phone, but that word gave me the strength I needed to do this thing.

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ (The Word) which strengtheneth me.

As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of my house to take me to the hospital, I heard another Word from the Holy Spirit of God.  "You'll never see this house again."

From the hospital I put the house in Texas up for sale.

One of our church members said:  "I don't see how you can do this."

I replied:  "But I've heard from God that I will never see this house again."

After that, God moved me to Colorado to live in the home of another believer and she helped me.  It was a much better life than I had in Texas when I lived alone!

Isaiah 45:2  (God says:) 
 
I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

James 3 tells us how we can recognize the ideas that are from God and those ideas that are not from God.

James 3

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Ideas that come into our mind can come from God or from our own desire or devils.

(So we prayerfully examine thoughts to see whether they are from God.)

If an idea is terribly difficult to do, I know I don't have God's plan.

Matthew 11:30   God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light.

If there is any hypocrisy or trickery, I know I don't have God's plan.

If the plan is overly expensive or causes me to go in debt, I do not believe I have God's plan.

So I pray for wisdom and reconsider.  

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯