Monday, January 9, 2023

πŸ’₯ Correcting ourselves by the scriptures.


2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We continually read the Bible and are instructed by the Word of God and make adjustments to that which we are doing on this present earth because of the scriptures in the Old and New Testaments.

The New Testament Bible contains the doctrines of Christ for the New Testament church.  It is the only thing we go by in the church today.

But the Old Testament contains many verses which also apply to us today.

πŸ’₯  Psalm 23

1  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

(We follow the LORD, The Word, by the Holy Spirit and do that Word.  God leads us and moves us and provides for us and there is no lack when we belong to HIM and do the Word of God.)

2 HE maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 HE restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.

(When I am pulled down by a saying of the world, it is God who restores my joy in the Word of God and in the promises God made to the children of God.)

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for THOU art with me; THY rod and THY staff they comfort me.

5 THOU preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:  THOU anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


πŸ’₯  Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD  (the scriptures) ; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

(It would be very hard to bring down a tree that drinking from the rivers of water.)

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.


πŸ’₯  Isaiah 26:2-3

3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on THEE: because he trusteth in THEE.

4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:


πŸ’₯  Ezekiel 36  (God says what HE will give to the individual in the New Covenant church)

23 And I will sanctify MY great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

(After we are born again, the people see the difference in us and know something has changed us.)

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

(After we are born again, we no longer want to be with some of those people of the world and we no longer want to do those things that we wanted to do before for now we are new creatures:  2 Cor. 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.)

Ezekiel 36

25T hen will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put MY spirit within you, and cause you to walk in MY statutes, and ye shall keep MY judgments, and do them.


πŸ’₯  Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

(Our righteousness is of God because it was God who told us to do this thing and to say these words.)


πŸ’₯  Joshua 1:8-9  

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

(Didn't God tell us to do these things?)

And there are many other scripture in the Old Testament which we do and believe.

Jesus has paid for our sins so we no longer do the Law of Moses concerning the animal sacrifices for sin.  

But there are many promises of God in the Old Testament which apply to us today.

Romans 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯