Friday, January 6, 2023

πŸ’₯ Paul speaking to the elders of the church at Ephesus. Men breaking away from the church and speaking perverse things and starting other denominations.

 
When did these different church denominations begin?

We can tell by these words which Paul spoke to the elders of the church at Ephesus that men among them were just waiting for their opportunity to "speak perverse doctrines" to the church group, drawing them away from doctrines of Christ.  (Acts 20:29-30)

Even in the days of Paul antichrist was trying to divide the church, speaking doctrines opposite to the Bible.  This is the apostasy of the end times. It happened in the days of Paul and John.  And the falling away from scripture in churches would get worse and worse up to the coming of Jesus and the end of the present world.

I John 2:18  John says:  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.


Acts 20  (Paul speaking to the elders of the church at Ephesus)
 
18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,

19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which HE hath purchased with HIS own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

(Antichrist moving into the church by men speaking perverse doctrines and setting up denominations with doctrines of men, dividing the body of Christ.)

Prove all doctrine through prayer and reading the scriptures. 

Many churches today have fallen away from many New Testament scriptures.  That is the end time apostasy and antichrist in the church. 


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯