Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Fleshly traps

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A few days ago, I was speaking with a woman and as were were speaking, she began to get "starey eyed" and started speaking about her Ipad.  She said, "I love my ipad."  (Special emphasis on "love", "my", "ipad")

In the 60's, 70's Cadillac cars were often looked upon in USA as status symbols.

There was a man in our community who had a Cadillac and he loved to say things like, "I parked my Cadillac at such and such."  He wanted you to know he had a Cadillac and not just a car.

As I worked through this subject, I heard the following scripture:

I Cor. 7:31 ... and they that buy, as though they possessed not; 31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it:for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Also I was reminded of:  the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, the pride of life.

I Jn. 2 ... 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof:but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

The amazing thing about all this is I have tried an Ipad and a Kindle.  They both do the same thing.  I selected the Kindle over the Ipad because the Kindle is slightly smaller in width and I have a small hand.

Pam is currently trying out an Ipad and her recent report to me is that the Ipad people take some simple things and make them more complex without apparent reason.  (I don't know which unit she will select, whether Kindle or Ipad)

Certainly there could be people who need high level security and the Ipad seems to have more of that built in ... that also makes it more complex to use.

But I am a simple, basic person and all I need is a way to communicate things of God on blog and email ... and I like to read secular books, mystery books especially, also CIA books.

Beware of buying what you don't need based on some type of "pie-in-the sky" perception of orchestrated status that is not even based in truth.

We, who are of God, certainly do not want to be doing that.

The Kindle and the Ipad do basically the same things.  They help us greatly as we read books.  They light up the background so we can see better.  They make the letters larger to fit our needs, especially for those of us who have any form of visual problems.  It is easy to send emails and other materials through these machines.

These machines do not cause us to be better people in the sight of God. (Which should be our primary goal in this life.)  God does that.