Sunday, December 20, 2015

Do all that is in your heart

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There is a scripture where Jonathan's armor bearer said to Jonathan ...

Do all that is in thine heart:turn thee; behold, I am with thee according to thy heart.  I Sam. 14:7

When I first read this scripture, more than 30 years ago, I saw this is also the way of God for us.  When we are following the Spirit of God daily and seeking the will of God daily and trying to live right in the sight of God daily by doing HIS word to us that day, God would put in our heart HIS DESIRES... all we then had to do is "all that is in our heart".

We think that desire in us is our desire ... but I have found it is God's desire in me ... but you must remember I belong to God and seek HIS will daily and try to follow HIS word to me daily.  That makes all the difference.

It is as if God comes in the night and does "a heart transplant" and I awaken with a "desire" to do something ...

I also think the following scripture pertains to God putting a desire in our hearts.

Psalm 37 ... 

 3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4 Delight thyself also in the Lord;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the Lord;
trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
and thy judgment as the noonday.
7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:

You might desire something, say a new car.  You commit your desire for a specific car to the Lord.  You pray over this.  Then one morning, you awaken and the desire for that car has vanished!  What happened.  Now you no longer desire that car that was a lust of your flesh and pride of life.  But you find you are interested in a completely different car ... an unpretentious car.

I have often had a desire for something and God changed that desire and put a desire into my heart and gave me far more than I had first desired.

Eph. 3 ... 20 Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto HIM be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.


For example:  I have a housekeeper who has been with me for about 10 years.  She comes to my house each Monday afternoon.  She is diligent and excellent in her work.  I never have to tell her what to do.  She does things I would never even think of doing.

At the end of each year, I give her a little bonus of $50 to $100.

But this year, I kept wanting to give her $500.

Thoughts would come:  "Just give her $50 ... $500 is too much ... You have less income now.  What if you need that money."

But every time I thought of giving money to her, I wanted to give her $500.

It was in my heart to do this.

I believe God is with me according to my heart.

So this past Monday I went to bank and withdrew $500 in 50-dollar-bills ... and put it in envelop, sealed the envelop, and wrote note on envelop thanking her for her continual care over this property ... and I put the envelop under her regular salary.  She didn't open it in front of me.  I was glad.

(Romans 12:7 ... he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity;)

========

A month or so ago, I came across a wonderful blanket at Costco.  It wasn't expensive, about $18, but it was so soft and light weight.  I bought one.  It was so wonderful that it came into my heart the next time the cleaning woman came to my house to go and get one for her.  I drove that day to Costco (about 4 miles from my house), bought the blanket, returned home and gave it to her.

She said:  "You didn't have to do that." 

I replied:  "No ... but I wanted to." 

==========

Recently I bought a radio for a woman in our church group who is physically ill and confined to one room with her handicap.  She once played in an orchestra.  I asked her if she had a radio and she did not.  I felt she might enjoy listening to the classical music station where she lives.

I mentioned the woman's situation to another member of our little church group.  She said, with great fire and great desire, "Let me pay 1/2 of it."  I started laughing and then I said:  "It only cost $30."

Later there was a Kindle e-reader I ordered for another woman.  This same church woman who wanted to pay half of the cost of the radio said, "Oh, please ...let me pay for that."  She said it with such humility and such fire and with such a spirit that I could not refuse her.  I allowed her to pay for the Kindle.

These are examples of doing thing that are strongly in our hearts.

God is with us according to our heart.

And when God is with us, how can we fail in what we do?

We are not trying to do something to impress another person or to make us seem good.  It is just a fire in our hearts to do that thing.