Monday, July 6, 2015

Asking God for wisdom

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

James 1 ... 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

This is a promise from God.  "It shall be given him", when we ask God for wisdom.

In my neighborhood, houses are close together, about 10 ft. apart.  Each house has an outside air conditioning unit and these are often very loud.  In the alley closest to my bedroom there are 5 air conditioning units.

I've had a great deal of trouble with high pitched sounds coming into my bedroom.

I prayed, asking God for help and asking God to show me what to do about this ... and asking God not to let me do anything that would not work.

At the other end of the house, I have my TV and sound equipment.  I've been putting acoustical boards on the walls in this room and I thought these might help with the sound problem in the bedroom.  So I carried 3 of the panels into the bedroom area.  But in the night there was a very high pitched sound that started up so I found I was still having difficulty.

I had almost given up.  Then I wondered what would happen if I put the acoustical boards up against the sliding glass doors in the bedroom.  I tried that and there seemed to be a significant improvement.  Glass can transmit sound.  It may be that the problem I was having was not with the walls but with that door. 

We can think one thing is the problem and be completely off course.  But God, who created all things, knows what will help us and in James 1 we have the promise that if we will ask God for wisdom, HE will give it to us.