Monday, July 27, 2015

What is the Lord's Supper?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

God recreates us in HIS image when we hear, by HIS Spirit, a word and stop and look into that Word and then adjust our action in a way appropriate to that word.

This is partaking of the Lord's supper ...

The Lord's supper is not eating of crackers (wafers) and drinking of grape juice (wine). Crackers and grape juice have no power.  Doing this is simply church groups setting up things by their fleshly eyes.

The LORD"s supper is the Word of God from the spirit of God.  Thus we take "communion" by eating and drinking The Word of God.  We eat the body of Jesus and drink the blood of Jesus by partaking of the Word of God.


By that word we "examine ourselves" ... 

If we correctly eat and drink the word by the Spirit, we will allow our path in life to be corrected.  We make changes according to the information given by that word, by the Spirit. There is life and great power in doing this.

Jn. 6 ... 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 

Eat the flesh of Jesus (THE WORD) ... Drink the blood of the Word of God which is Jesus.  We eat and drink the flesh and blood of Jesus by doing the Word of God as brought forth by the Spirit of God.

John 6 ... Jesus says ...63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 


Jesus said ... For the bread of God is he (the Word) which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I (the Word) am the bread of life: Jn. 6 

I Cor. 11 ... partaking of the Lord's supper ... pertains to eating and drinking the Word of God correctly.

Jesus said ...This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 

26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  

27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 

28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. (Examine yourself by the Word the Spirit of God gives you making necessary changes according to that word.)

29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.  (unworthily:  hearing the Word but failing to make proper adjustment according to the instruction given by the Word.)

30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep (die)

31For if we would judge ourselves (by The Word), we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. I Cor. 11

When we read the Bible, or consider the word directly carried to our mind by the Holy Spirit ... we have opportunity to "judge" ourselves by the Word and make appropriate changes in our lives.  This is correctly eating and drinking the Word of God ... partaking of the "Lord's supper" correctly.

When I was a child  I visited my favorite aunt, she took me to church with her.  They passed around crackers and grape juice in a very solemn way and called it "The Lord's Supper."  They had a table at the front of the room and printed on the table were the words "Do this in remembrance of ME."  The bowls of crackers and the glasses of grape juice sat on that table.

My aunt would break off a bit of cracker and put it in her mouth.  Then she would drink the grape juice from the small glass.  The other people in the room did the same.

After I was adult and attended church, I did what they did.  But I never felt right about doing this.  I never understood what it meant.  I never saw any relationship at all between Jesus and crackers and grape juice.

But I kept on doing this because they did it.

Years later God showed me the Lord's Supper is not eating crackers and drinking grape juice.

The Lord's supper is partaking of the Word of God..

I stopped eating crackers and stopped drinking grape juice and stopped calling this the "Lord's supper".