Sunday, July 26, 2015

Staying connected to God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus says ... 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.  Lk. 21

The thing that causes us to be accounted worthy to escape is the fact that we stay connected to God.  And we stay connected by talking to God (prayer).


I find I am talking to God when I go to bed ... and when I awaken in night I'm often talking with God ... and when I watch golf I often talk to God about HIS creation, the birds I see on the golf course, the trees, the mountains in background, HIS creation and how wonderful what He created is to me.

Prayer is not just formal talking ... Prayer is communication ... It can be like you would talk with your best friend as you enjoy something.  But it is a constant connection with God.

This causes us to be accounted "worthy to escape", says Jesus.

And Jesus warns us about 3 things:   And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life,

Cares of this life:  certainly we should be praying if we have any care of this life.  If we aren't praying about our concerns we won't be worthy to escape and we will be overcome by those concerns unless we pray.

Drunkennessunthinkable for us

Surfeiting:  excesses, taking in more than needed 

I watch some television ... I watch some golf ... I read some of my secular books ... I eat some ... I do some of each of these activities usually daily ... in moderation.

But I am continually talking with God during each of these things.  It is like God is a part of me and it would be unthinkable not to share with God as you would share with your best friend.