Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Yoking yourself to man vs. yoking yourself to God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

This past weekend there was a major golf tournament on satellite.  I watched most of this.  As the TV announcers spoke of the history that would be accomplished should one golfer win, the event seemed more important than it really was.  I realized this and changed my sound system to listen to a music CD instead of listening to the words of the announcers who were using many statistics which man uses but though true they really mean nothing.  When the heaven and earth pass away as we know the Bible says will happen, II Peter 3, and we have a new heaven and a new earth these statistics set up by men will mean nothing at all, nor will golf itself.  It is simply a pastime on this earth without real meaning for us, though it can seem like it means something if we yoke ourselves to man and to his ideas.

The tournament ended and another player won ... Is there any reason to be disappointed?  Only if you are yoked to man would you be disappointed.

What is important:  6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil:which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. II Tim. 6


Since I am yoked to God, I know the truth.  Something on this earth can seem important because of the hype brought about by people but when we are yoked to God we know the truth.

Jesus said:  28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  Mt. 11

The people of this world yoke themselves to many ideas which are not of God and are a burden but really don't have any significance.  We who are of God, know the difference, and we yoke ourselves to God, to that which is really important.

When my neighbor, Gordon, was dying, he looked at me and said:  "I've decided it really doesn't matter who wins the super bowl."