Sunday, July 26, 2015

Except ye be as little children

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said:

Matthew 18:3   Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I had a very good example of an earthly father.  We never had to worry about having food or clothing.  As a little child, I never even thought of food nor clothing.  

My dad watched out for me.  I was the apple of his eye.  (I can strongly relate to God saying we are the apple of HIS eye.)  I have good examples of an earthly father providing for my needs where I never even had to think of such.  I know my dad would warn me if there was a problem ahead, he watched over my way.  So I can relate to God warning me and watching over me and providing all that I need. 

Having that strong understanding of God as our Father and how God watches over us and goes before us and makes our way straight and cares for us every second, providing all our needs, is important.

Recently when I was stricken with extreme pain in my leg, I didn't ask God to heal me.  I knew I would either die or get well.  I trusted God to do as HE willed with me.  It is strange to say but I didn't even pray.  I didn't care because I knew God would work it out as HE willed.  (I got well in this case but really, I don't think I cared, for I belong to God and that is what matters whether I live or whether I die.)

==========

Pam Padgett said when she was a little child all she remembered was doing what her parents said to do.  She would awake in morning and her mother would tell her breakfast was ready so she went to the table and ate.  Then at some point her mom might say, "Get dressed ... we are going to the store."  So she got dressed and they got in car and went to store.

She did not think of tomorrow at all.  She lived in today.  She didn't think of what she would do.  Her parents told her when she was to do something.

This is our pattern with God daily.  Also this is what the Bible shows us.  We trust in God as a Father.  We serve God as a good servant, watching for the master and doing our assignment and doing as God tells us to do.

Therefore we are told the following:

Mt. 6 ... 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow:for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

James 4 ... 13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings:all such rejoicing is evil.

Luke 12 ... Take heed, and beware of covetousness:for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do:I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee:then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

==========

Sometimes we will think of the past and be so sorry over what we did ...  Usually when a thought of past comes to my mind, I will catch myself and say something like, "Stop ... go forward."

Recently I was reminded of something I did about 10 years ago and I thought, "I wouldn't handle that today as I did then."  I realized I would handle it in a "better" way now, a more godly way now.  That was comforting.

But mostly concerning past, I discipline myself and refuse to dwell on past, making myself go forward.

And the same discipline is required in refusing to dwell on future.

Living in today is important.