Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Psalm 139 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
 

2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising,
thou understandest my thought afar off.
 

3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down,
and art acquainted with all my ways.
 

4 For there is not a word in my tongue,
but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
 

5 Thou hast beset me behind and before,
and laid thine hand upon me.
 

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
 

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit?
or whither shall I flee from thy presence
?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there:
if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me,
and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me;
even the night shall be light about me.

12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee;
but the night shineth as the day:
the darkness and the light are both alike to Thee.
 

13 For thou hast possessed my reins:
thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
 

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
marvellous are thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well.
 

15 My substance was not hid from thee,
when I was made in secret,

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
and in thy book all my members were written,
which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
 

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!
how great is the sum of them
!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand:
when I awake, I am still with thee.
 

19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God:
depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20 For they speak against thee wickedly,
and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee?
and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred:
I count them mine enemies.
 

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.



Comments by Joan Boney...

The darkness and the light are the same to God.  Nothing is hidden from God.  It is impossible to flee from God.

Jonah 1

1 Now the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, 2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me. 

3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish:so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.
 

4 But the Lord sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken. 

5 Then the mariners were afraid, and cried every man unto his god, and cast forth the wares that were in the ship into the sea, to lighten it of them. But Jonah was gone down into the sides of the ship; and he lay, and was fast asleep. 6 So the shipmaster came to him, and said unto him, What meanest thou, O sleeper? arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not. 

7 And they said every one to his fellow, Come, and let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil is upon us. So they cast lots, and the lot fell upon Jonah. 

8 Then said they unto him, Tell us, we pray thee, for whose cause this evil is upon us; What is thine occupation? and whence comest thou? what is thy country? and of what people art thou? 

9 And he said unto them, I am an Hebrew; and I fear the Lord, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the dry land. 

10 Then were the men exceedingly afraid, and said unto him, Why hast thou done this? For the men knew that he fled from the presence of the Lord, because he had told them.
 

11 Then said they unto him, What shall we do unto thee, that the sea may be calm unto us? for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous. 

12 And he said unto them, Take me up, and cast me forth into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto you:for I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you. 

13 Nevertheless the men rowed hard to bring it to the land; but they could not:for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous against them. 14 Wherefore they cried unto the Lord, and said, We beseech thee, O Lord, we beseech thee, let us not perish for this man's life, and lay not upon us innocent blood:for thou, O Lord, hast done as it pleased thee. 

15 So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea:and the sea ceased from her raging. 16 Then the men feared the Lord exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice unto the Lord, and made vows.
 

17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

No one can flee from God.  Where can you hide from God?

David tried to hide ... David committed murder in order to hide his sin. But God worked the circumstances so that all knew ... And though God kept David alive, there was penalty for sin.  The child died.  The sword was against David's house all his life.  His son rose up against David and fought him.  Yet David was described as a man after God's own heart.

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

A man after the heart of God is a man who wants to know the will of God so he can do the will of God.  By the Holy Spirit we know the heart of God for the Holy Spirit of God searches the heart of God to reveal God's will to the NT church.

I Cor. 2 ... for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

The spirit knows what is in our heart ... what we are really thinking ...

We might hide from man and pretend otherwise, but we can never hide from God.


Hebrews 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

========== 

Psalm 139 ...

3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down,
and art acquainted with all my ways.


========== 


5 Thou hast beset me behind and before,
and laid Thine hand upon me.


God knows our past, our future ... and certainly what we are doing right now.

So often in the past people said to me, "We know God's hand is upon you ..."  Long before I started work in the ministry this was said to me.  Truly it was so for God called me and made the way for me to go and made it very plain to me how I was to go so I couldn't go any other way.

When God took them through the Red Sea, the wall on the right and left was water so they couldn't turn right or left.  Pharaoh was behind chasing them so they couldn't turn and go back to Egypt.  They had to go straight ahead.  This is what God does with us.  There is only one way to go.

If you belong to God, God's hand is upon you too ...  You can try to turn but you will make things even harder on yourself by doing this, just as Jonah did.  And Jonah eventually did exactly what God said to do though he put himself through a lot of hardship to get to that point.


Psalm 32:9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

==========

Psalm 139 ... 

13 For THOU hast possessed my reins:

God determines the time we live on this earth and the exact places where we live.  Acts 17 ... And Paul said this is so we would reach out to HIM ... For in HIM we live, and move, and have our being. 

Life is in God ... our life is in God.

Death is in this world.  The world might excite our flesh for a bit but the end of the gluttony will be death and we will not find our life in this world.

There is only one way for us to go ...

Jn. 15 ... Jesus said ...1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches:He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:for without me ye can do nothing. 

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you:continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.