Thursday, November 30, 2023

πŸ’₯ A warning: Don't trust in the money you have accumulated .

 
I Timothy 6:17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

(To me, "uncertain riches", means the money we have saved, especially in bank accounts.)

I think this is a exhortation telling us not to become "stingy".  

Certainly I would not want to spend all the money I have saved, but neither would I want to become miserly and fear spending some of the money.  The needed thing, for me, is to feel God has approved my spending money on that project.

In all things, pray, asking God to show you what to do, and do that word which comes down from above.

Joan Boney


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯