Thursday, November 23, 2023

πŸ’₯ To settle me when things go wrong and to restore me.

 
One morning recently, everything began going wrong:  I picked up my biscuit and a large blog of strawberry preserves fell onto my neck (I hate sticky stuff on my skin.); Then later, my cat got frightened and hit my hand with her back claws and made two deep cuts in my hand as she ran across my hand and my hand began to bleed; My laptop slid into my coffee cup and the cup fell but did not break; My computer began going wrong and the mouse kept sliding and the print got out of place;  I went into take a shower and the other animals began barking and making disruption.

I finally just stopped plans to take shower and I went into my bedroom and sat down and turned to God in prayer.  "Please ... create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me."  (Psalm 51:10)

I turned to Psalms and began reading the scriptures I had highlighted.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Psalms

24:3-6  Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in HIS holy place? 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. 6 This is the generation of them that seek HIM, that seek THY face, O Jacob.

(I remembered a phone conversation from the previous day that went on too long and I felt maybe I had lift up my soul into vanity ... I asked God to forgive me and I kept reading Psalms and thinking on various parts of scripture.)

25:4-5  Shew me THY ways, O LORD; teach me THY paths. 5 Lead me in THY truth, and teach me: for THOU art the God of my salvation; on THEE do I wait all the day.

(As I read above scripture, I remembered something else I had done this morning.  I just stopped and prayed asking for help in that issue and I asked God to forgive me and restore me and settle me.  I made specific requests on this issue which involved sound in the new car.  In the MDX car, that we are selling, I can control and tune the parameters for each instrument of the orchestra.  I prayed that I find another sound equipment , which we could attach, which would allow me to do this to the sound system of the new car. Or I prayed God to change me in my desire to be able to do this.  Either would work for me.  Philippians 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And I prayed for God to give my heart HIS joy for the remainder of the day.)

8-9  Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will HE teach sinners in the way. 9 The meek will HE guide in judgment: and the meek will HE teach HIS way.

(I was reminded of this:  
James 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.)

10-12  All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep HIS covenant and HIS testimonies. 11 For THY name's sake (THE WORD), O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
12 What man is he that feareth the LORD? HIM shall HE teach in the way that HE shall choose.

(A promise of God in verse 12. If we "fear the LORD" , turning to HIM and choosing HIS ways, HE will teach us in the way we shall choose)

13-15  His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth. 14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear HIM; and HE will shew them HIS covenant. 15 Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD (toward the Word); for HE shall pluck my feet out of the net.

17-18  The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring THOU me out of my distresses. 18 Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.


20-21  
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee. 21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

(After this, I felt I was settled, restored and fine.)

Then I heard from the Holy Spirit the following:  "God will not fail you nor forsake you."


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯