Friday, November 24, 2023

πŸ’₯ Going through God's stop signs!

I know I have done this many times!  Usually buying something that cost less and then having go to back and buy what I should have bought at first!

An expensive TV ... The owner of the shop said he would come out and calibrate the TV but he didn't and when I would call he was always too busy with staff meetings.  The TV was streaked and I was always trying to tune it.  One day the Holy Spirit said to me, "You don't have to put up with this."  I said, "That's right".  I had the money and could afford to buy another TV.  I went to Best Buy and bought another TV  and had the delivery men carry that TV away.  I'd only had it about 6 weeks.  I just suffered the loss.

Then  a car ...  In June 2020, the house in Texas sold.  All the money was in the bank.  I had a dream that we bought a new car.  

Earlier I was considering putting new upholstery on my 25-year-old car, when the Holy Spirit said to me, "Or you could just buy a new car."  That's right I could.  I'd never thought of doing that.  But the money was in the bank from the sale of the Texas house.  I had no debts.  I could pay cash for a new car!  That same night, God gave me a dream:  "I bought a new car, a Buick.  Then in the dream (a warning) I realized I should have asked my dad which car to buy." 

The day after the dream, we went out to look for a car.  We started at Lexus.  But didn't drive the Lexus because when I got into the Lexus I didn't like the way Lexus put the screen on top of the dashboard in that year, blocking the view from the passenger seat.

Pam had been driving Acura MDX and liked it.  The dogs had plenty of room in the back.  I wanted them to have what they wanted.

At the time they were working up the papers, Pam began to get a migraine.  Much later she realized she should have just stopped and not continued.  She had even told the Acura people she was getting a migraine and needed to cut this short.  They continued slowly and it took two 2 more hours.  I was waiting in the car and wondered why it was taking so long.

As we left, I saw the Mercedes building across the street from Acura and heard, "You should drive a Mercedes."  I failed to mention this to Pam.  We bought the Acura.  June, 2020.

We lived with that car for 3 1/2 years and even from the beginning we began to have trouble with the car and the dealer had to take it and redo the software to give the car more "energy", and something was broken under the car and we finally found it was unsafe to drive until a broken part could be replaced which we did replace. We also had a problem which the dealer said was caused by the sound equipment which I had added which he said affected the battery.  The battery was replaced. After that we had no more problem with mechanics.  But it was rough riding and I had trouble riding in the car because I had 2 surgeries on left broken hip.  Also it was a noisy car.  

(Before that car, I had a 1994 Lincoln Town Car which had air suspension and was treated for road noise and was relatively quite.)

For the next 3 1/2 years, when I rode in the car and we met another car I would wonder how "that" car rode.

This year, even before we ever went to look for another car,  Pam said one day she and the 2 dogs got into the MDX to go somewhere and all of a sudden it hit her:  And she said to God... "God. I don't like driving this car.  But what do I do?"

( I know in 2020 when we bought the Acura, I had a thought we should go to Mercedes.  Acura and Mercedes are directly across a 2 lane road from each other.)  But we didn't do that.  I probably failed to mention  it to Pam.

In the dream before buying the Acura, "I dreamed we bought a new car, a new Buick.  And I thought of how I should have asked my dad first which car to buy.

This was the night before we bought the Acura. God gave me a warning through that dream but I let it slip and went through a "stop sign".

I think we were a little off from that point, but 3 years later God got us where we should have been at first and with the money we will get from the Acura sale we only wasted $18,000.  At least that is how I see it.  

Now we are at the right place for us to go forward from here.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Howard, the man to whom I was briefly engaged in Lubbock, drove Mercedes and so did his adult aged daughter.  I think I rode in it once but Howard said of himself he was a "lousy driver" and he always wanted me to drive and we went in my Lincoln Town Car to Colorado Springs and to my cousin's house in Albuquerque and to Clovis to a wedding anniversary.

Howard was a lousy driver.  He had a very big early Mercedes version of an SUV and it seemed clumsy the one time I rode in it.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

My dad, a fine mechanic, told me he thought Mercedes was overrated.  That was in 1960's ... but I know he would love this Mercedes today for between the time my dad said that, cars began to change their suspension systems and horsepower went down to save on gas.  My dad taught me to be sure to get a car with an engine that was very powerful, as powerful as the manufacturer made.  (I never consider the price of gas.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God was obviously leading Pam even before we had even decided to try to find another car.  

Then a couple week or so after that, I said to Pam, "Do you want to go out and drive cars today and see if we can find another car?"  Pam said, "No, maybe tomorrow."  I think my thought was "Rats ... then why am I getting ready to take a shower?"

As I remember, a couple of days passed and again I mentioned going to drive cars and Pam was agreeable.

So we began driving new cars, one than another.  Nothing in my opinion rode like the old cars of the 60's, 70's.  Until we got to the Mercedes S-class.  The Mercedes E-class didn't ride well to me.  The salespersons said, "You're going to have to have the S-Class." (He was right!)

The Holy Spirit gave me 2 scriptures pertaining to the S-Class.

Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

I Timothy 6:17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

I don't by any means consider myself "rich" on this earth but I probably have enough to last the rest of my life on this earth and if not God will surely provide for me.  I think the exhortation is that we not be miserly, not be afraid to spend a portion of our money.

(I'm 86-years-old.  I don't have any monthly retirement except for government social security of $800 per month.  I take no salary from the ministry offerings.  I have no debt and even with the money from social security some of that is left over monthly and accumulates in my bank account.  Joan Boney)

I live by this scripture:

Joshua 1:8  “This book of the law (The word from God and the scripture) shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good succ

We did buy the S-Class car.  One night when we went to get our food, as we were driving home I said, "This car really rides well."  As we saw other cars on the road I no longer wondered "how" those cars rode as I had done for the past 3 1/2 years.  I was at complete peace on the issue.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯