Wednesday, November 22, 2023

πŸ’₯ When we need to be strengthened spiritually.

 
During the time of November 17, 2023, I felt a need spiritually so I turned to God for help and felt led to remain still and read the highlights I have in the Book of Psalms.

By the time I reached Psalm 24, I had from God what I needed and I got out of bed and began recording podcasts.  Incredibly I had 6 podcasts.  Usually I record 2 or 3 recordings at a time!

Some of those scriptures which strengthened and settled me are as follows:

Psalms

5:8  Lead me, O LORD, in THY righteousness because of mine enemies; make THY way straight before my face.

9:2  I will be glad and rejoice in THEE: I will sing praise to THY name, O THOU most High.

9:10  And they that know THY name will put their trust in THEE: for THOU, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek THEE.

11:1  In the LORD put I my trust:

12:5  (God says)  I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

13:6  I will sing unto the LORD, because HE hath dealt bountifully with me.

15:1-2  LORD, who shall abide in THY tabernacle? who shall dwell in THY holy hill?  He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

15:4  In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD.

16:1  Preserve me, O God: for in THEE do I put my trust.

16:5-8  The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: THOU maintainest my lot. 6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. 7 I will bless the LORD, WHO hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.  8 I have set the LORD always before me: because HE is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

16:9  Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

16:11  THOU wilt shew me the path of life: in THY presence is fulness of joy; at THY right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

17:4-5  Concerning the works of men, by the word of THY lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer. 5 Hold up my goings in THY paths, that my footsteps slip not.

18:1-3   I will love THEE, O LORD, my strength. 2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in WHOM I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 3 I will call upon the LORD, WHO is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

18:16-18 HE sent from above, HE took me, HE drew me out of many waters.  17 HE delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. 18  They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.

18:28-39  For THOU wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.  29 For by THEE I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. 30 As for God, HIS way is perfect: the WORD of the LORD is tried: HE is a buckler to all those that trust in HIM. 31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? 32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. 33 HE maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.  34 HE teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. 35 THOU hast also given me the shield of THY salvation: and THY right hand hath holden me up, and THY gentleness hath made me great. 36 THOU hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. 37 I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed. 38 I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet. 39 For THOU hast girded me with strength unto the battle: THOU hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.

18:43  THOU hast delivered me from the strivings of the people;

18:46  The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

19:7-14  The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. 8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. 11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

19:13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in THY sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

20:7  Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

21:2  THOU hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips.

21:7  For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.

22:22  I will declare THY name (the Word) unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise THEE.

23:1-6  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 HE maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 HE restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for THOU art with me; THY rod and THY staff they comfort me. 5 THOU preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: THOU anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

To me, the way to God has always been the Word.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯