Tuesday, November 28, 2023

πŸ’₯ Walk in Christ, The Word.

 
Jesus Christ is The Word.  Live in The Word, doing The Word.  Walk in The Word, doing that. 

An example:

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Measure everything by this:  "Do I have peace about this?"

Let peace rule in all your decisions.

If you have peace, do it.  If you do not have peace, don't do it and return to God in prayer concerning that which you should do.

This is how you walk in Christ.  "Do the Word brought to your mind by God in the issues of this present life."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When we are about to explode and tell someone off, learn to pray:  "God ... don't let me say that."

It's your own flesh trying to take over and rule.  Don't allow that to happen.

The apostle Paul kept his own flesh crucified (dead) with Christ (the Word.)

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ (The Word): nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ  (The Word) liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, 
WHO loved me, and gave Himself for me.

When we read the Bible and see the word, "The LORD", learn to automatically translate "The Lord" to "The Word", as follows.

Psalm 23

The Lord (The Word) is my shepherd.  I shall not want.

(I shall not want because I follow The Lord, The Word, doing what HE says.)

Example:  In 1984, I lived in a rented apartment in Dallas, Texas.  I decided to move to the city where my mother lived.  My dad died 2 years before that and I felt she needed help.  I could do my work anywhere so it didn't matter where I lived for most of my assignment from God was exhorting the church by writings.

We owned a 4 unit trailer park.  My mother lived in a house trailer on that lot.  I could purchase a trailer, paying cash, and live on that lot.  I went to look at trailers.  But I just didn't like house trailers. (They didn't feel stable to me.)

I thought maybe I could build 2 apartments on that trailer lot and sell my mother's trailer.

I found a contractor who said he thought he could build the apartments for $45,000 each.  I had money to pay for one unit and the money my dad left us would pay for the second apartment.  So that is what I did. The apartments were very nice.  But the neighborhood was noisy!

I found a lot located on the golf course and could purchase that lot for $13,700.  I had the cash and bought that lot.  I figured I could either build later after saving money or sell that lot since it was a desirable location.

(God showed me in 1975, to get out of debt and stay out of debt so that has been the way I have operated.  I save the money and then do the project when I can pay cash.) 

Five years after buying the golf course lot, I had saved enough money that I could probably build by selling the 2 apartments.

One apartment sold for $55,000.  I rented the other apartment for the next 10 years and accumulated $40,000.  I built the lot with the money from the one apartment and money saved by my mother, paying $100,000 cash to build on the golf course.  When my mother died 10 years later, I put the golf course lot up for-sale and it sold for $227,000.  I used that money to build a house in Lubbock, Texas, where I lived for 19 years.  God showed me I wouldn't be able to continue to live alone as I had been doing because now I was 81-years-old.  God showed me to move to Colorado Springs, Colorado, and live with a member of the body of Christ.  She was currently finishing converting a downstairs room into a bedroom and had turned a downstairs bath into a full bath.  It was critical to have downstairs bed/bath because I had an accident and could not walk except a little with a walker so I couldn't climb stairs to up-stairs bedroom.  

She didn't want to take any "rent" from me but I insisted paying her $500 per month. When the house in Texas sold, I began paying her $1,000 per month.  

The Texas house sold for $308,000.  I put that money into an MMDA at the Colorado Bank.  

Later that money allowed me to do many things I could not have done otherwise.  God provided for me to live well by the money from the 3 building projects.  This was God's plan to provide for me in old age!  (Though I didn't know this at the time I was building those houses.)  

But best of all I was now living with another true believer in God!  God caused her to prosper through the money I was paying her monthly.  And God caused me to prosper when I no longer had upkeep on housing as I did when I owned the house in Texas.

I followed after various scriptures during those years, not money ... But what I did turned into money.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯