Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Podcast: Watered down church sermons and dead church meetings

 
 
 
 
I've often heard individuals speak of watered down messages at church.

The reason this happens is they omit some things because they know the scripture would offend some people.

For example:  This scripture would offend many in the congregation.

Jesus said, to the men in the church,    Matthew 5:32  But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

- If a man divorces a faithful wife and she remarries she commits adultery and her husband who divorced that faithful wife will be the cause of her adultery.
- The man who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.

(I've never heard this scripture spoken at any church group though this is what Jesus said and it is in the NT Bible.)

Also I've never heard the following spoken at any church group although Paul said this is a commandment of the Lord for the NT church.)

I Corinthians 7:10-11  And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

(On this Podcast, other NT scriptures I have never heard taught at either the main church service nor at a church Bible class.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯