Monday, November 13, 2023

πŸ’₯ Working through a secular problem and "need" with God.


Comments by Joan Boney:

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I said to God that I thought I might need some kind of "spark" in my life.  It seemed I felt a little dead.

After that I had an idea which I began to prayerfully consider.  (I am 86 years-old.) 

I have broken bones at 7 different areas in my body throughout the past 2 decades and had 2 surgeries as a result of some of the breaks. I have the sensation of having plaster casts on both feet and both wrists. To ride in our car often caused pain.

About a week ago, I came to a decision to see if there might be another car that rode better.  The streets here are often damaged by winter snows and patched and are rough as a result. We even took the car to see if it needed new shocks to help and I saw on internet on some cars you are able to add an air type suspension system to change the ride.  And we had located a man who specialized in adding air suspension and he said he could do that to some types of cars but he would have to see the car first.   We also learned that the big semi-trucks that carry cargo often have add suspension systems to soften the ride.

But first we were going to try to find a brand of car that already had something to soften the ride.

Of course, I was praying constantly.  It had gotten to the point that I just stayed home, sometimes for days at a time, rather than ride in the car we had.

We began driving various brands of high-end cars, assuming they might have the air suspension.  Pam checked internet to find which cars had air suspension.  The older Lincoln and Cadillacs used to have this type of ride.  We decided to try LexusBMW, Lincoln, Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi.   We first stopped at the Buick dealer but found they do not have air suspension on their Buicks.  We learned Mercedes has air suspension on their S-class.  

We drove each of these cars and only one had the ride I needed due to the broken bone pain.  The Mercedes S-class was very good but it costs more than $100,000.  I had the money from the sale of the house in Texas which I had put into 2 MMDA's so I could easily pay that for a car at that price range ... but most likely us older people want to hold onto our money!

God brought the following scripture to my mind:  I Timothy 6:17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Also, the Holy Spirit reminded me of this:

Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.

I felt God was approving the purchase of the higher priced car.  Also, God was showing me we can't trust in a saving account.  Our trust must be in God to provide all that we "need".

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need.

Many times during this situation, I had asked God to give me HIS wisdom."

James l:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I know God can stop us if we are going the wrong way.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

One woman in our church group said:  "It seems this car was made for you."

Then I remembered that for more than 2 decades I had been looking from time to time, to see if it was time to change from my 20 year-old car.  I would go out to car dealers approximately every 5 years and drive their cars.  My old car seemed better than their new cars. (I drove a 1994 Lincoln Town Car at that time.) I had prayed asking God to have "someone" make a car for me at the time I needed a car.  For more than 20 years when I found the new cars unsuitable, I would ask God to have someone make a car for me when I needed a car.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Feeling I had the approval of God, I bought the Mercedes S-class.

After buying the car, I learned that car had heated front seats with massage system for lumbar, middle back and shoulders.  This really helped me with back.  There is also heated massage in the seat cushion.  This really helps in the area where the surgeons put a titanium rod from my left hip to my left knee.

We were out for 2 hours in the car yesterday.  I had no pain at all after I returned home.

And the car has turbo and brings horsepower up to 450.  (It handles like a sports car.  Pam really loves driving the car.)

Joy, peace, excitement!  (all characteristics of being led by God.)

Isaiah 55:12  For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: (That certainly happens each time we get into the car.  We can hardly wait to go back out in this car!)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The day after we purchased the car, God showed me to start recording audio books to be published on Amazon!  That also really gave me the "spark" I thought I needed at this point in my life.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯