Thursday, February 9, 2023

πŸ’₯ It is not unusual for people of God to be taken into heaven.

As a new Christian in 1975, I considered the Bible and I asked God:  "Is there any place in the Bible showing a person who was transported into heaven?"

(I proved everything by the Bible.  Is there an example of this happening in the Bible?)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Paul speaks of this in 2 Corinthians 12.

1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

I was transported into heaven twice in 1975, and when I saw what Paul said, I could accept this was of God and was the will of God when it happened to me.

If I can find an example of something similar happening in the New Testament Bible, I can accept it for us in the church today.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Comments by Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ
 
In approximately 1976, as I slept, I was taken into heaven.  There were many other people there and we were all in white robes, and we were with God. (We knew God was there though we saw no physical images for God is a Spirit.  Jn. 4)  

We were not focused on each other, but on praising God, and I was very happy this was the case. 
 
As I awoke, I wanted to stay there and not return to this world.  
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Comments by Joan Boney

In the 1980's, I was visiting with my favorite aunt, a Church of Christ member.

The Holy Spirit said to me, "Tell your aunt about being taken into heaven."

(OH!  I didn't want to do that!)

Church of Christ denomination are not people who discuss and share supernatural happenings of God.  But I don't know why not for the Bible is filled with such examples!

But I knew it was the Holy Spirit telling me to do this thing so I yielded and began sharing this with my aunt.

I told her:  "Shortly after I was born again, I was sleeping in the night when all of a sudden I was transported into heaven.  I was with God, and with Christ, and with the Holy Spirit.  (No physical images.  It was a spiritual experience.)  At that time, I was "merged" into the body of Jesus, made one with the Word of God, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.

And a few nights later the exact same thing happened again!

As I told this to my aunt, I noticed a type of dreamy look come on her face.  And after I spoke, she said, "Something like that happened to me once and it was all golden."

I was so happy she told me this.  She had been to heaven also!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯