Thursday, September 1, 2022

πŸ’₯ Our weapons are not carnal but mighty through God: Dealing with pain and grief.

 
2 Corinthians 10

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God  to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When trouble comes, what do we do?

Our weapons are not carnal:  The world tries to do something to help them forget the trouble.  Their solutions to ease the pain are often:  drinking, shopping, cleaning out closets, exercise 

Our weapons are mighty through God:  We learn another way in the pain.  We cry out to God asking HIM to help us.  We ask God to restore our soul.  We ask God to cleanse our heart and to renew a right spirit in us.  (Psalm 51:10)  And we learn to stop and wait and to let God work through us restoring us in the matter at hand.

During times of trouble, the devil will send even more condemning and troubling thoughts to our mind.  

One of the greatest weapons that I have found is to try the spirit that brought that thought to my mind.

I John 4

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Spirits bring thoughts and ideas to our mind.

When we are having trouble with another person, we will often have a thought to tell that person such and such.  I am learning to try that spirit to see if that idea is of God and I just say to that spirit, "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  

And very often when I do this, I will hear in my mind, "No."

Then I am at peace, knowing not to say "that" to the person with whom I am dealing.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

(I do warn you that unless you are born again of the Spirit of God this is not likely something you should do.  When we are born of God, we do have a power of God to deal with such things as evil spirits.)

Acts 19

13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

But according to the Bible, I John 4, we who are of God are to try the spirits to see whether they are of God.

Recently I was very grieved over something a woman did.  She thought what she did was from the Holy Spirit but I was very troubled.  I would not have been troubled if what she did was of God.  I knew what she did was "another spirit" leading her to do this thing and she was rejoicing in that other spirit thinking it was the Holy Spirit.  I could not stand this.

I turned to God in prayer asking for help.

The pain of grief continued inside of me.  I kept calling on God asking HIM to help me.  The pain would lessen but it was not really settled until I confronted that spirit and said, "Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  That spirit that was bringing the thoughts to me causing the pain, said, "No."  And that spirit fled from me, bringing no more troubling thoughts concerning this matter to me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Spirits speak to us bringing thoughts and ideas to our mind.  

Sometimes it is the Holy Spirit speaking.  But it can be "another spirit" not of God speaking.

We really must learn to settle the matter of which spirit is bringing that thought.

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

The battle of the end times will grow worse and worse.

Every idea sent to us by the spirit of antichrist separates us from things of God until we expose it as being antichirst.

(Notice in I John 4:3, the apostle John calls this other spirit "the spirit of antichrist".)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Recently as I was thinking about trying the spirits, the thought came to me: "You're going to speak to a spirit?"  (trying to stop me from trying the spirit) 

The Holy Spirit reminded me:  "God is a spirit and you speak to HIM."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Ephesians 6

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of HIS might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

One of the pieces of the armor of God is the Word of God.  Doing I John 4:1-3 is one of the weapons of our warfare. I believe we who belong to God must learn to use HIS weapons in the end time warfare.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯