Monday, September 26, 2022

Podcast: When we try to be "friends" with unbelievers

 

 
 
James 4:4   Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

friend: to give aid or assistance or support to

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Immediately, when I was born again in l975, I was changed.  I wanted to be with church people.  I no longer wanted to be with worldly people.

I mentioned this to two Baptist women and they were shocked and said to me, "Oh ... don't do this.  Keep your friends from the world."

But I couldn't.

2 Corinthians 6

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be MY people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be MY sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

2 John

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Light and darkness cannot co-exist.

If you turn on the light, the darkness flees.

If you withhold light, darkness reigns.

I Corinthians 5:11;13   But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat ... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯