Friday, September 9, 2022

πŸ’₯ I Thessalonians 5

 
The apostle Paul says:

15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16 Rejoice evermore.

17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesyings.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Comments by Joan Boney:

In 2004, I moved to Lubbock, Texas, where I was having a house built.  I lived in another house while this house was being built.  At one point my contractor told me the house I was building would be finished in July so I could put the other house up for sale.

I did put that house up for sale and it sold immediately.  But the house I was building was not finished.  Where would I live?

I was supposed to be married in September.  Howard said I could move into his apartment with him.

The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the following scripture:  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

I asked God what I should do.

An idea came to my mind.  

The house I was building had a box room upstairs.  I asked my contractor if he could finish that upstairs room for me to move into until the downstairs was completed.  He said he could do that so he did finish that room and I moved into that room.

(Howard and I broke up before we could marry.)

Howard said he was a Christian but I don't believe he was a believer in the Word of God.

2 Corinthians 6
 
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be MY people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be MY sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯