Friday, September 2, 2022

πŸ’₯ Depend on God for help, not fleshly ways

 
Pam Padgett ... member of the body of Christ
 
As I read 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 on the blog today I recalled something that happened yesterday. 
 
2 Corinthians 10:3-4 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
 
Our garbage is scheduled to be picked up each Monday. The trash company has been very dependable to do this. The few times they haven't been able to pickup the garbage, they have sent an email to let us know.
 
This past Monday, I put the trash can out first thing in the morning as usual, but it was never picked up and there was no email from the trash company. Trash cans for others in the neighborhood also had not been emptied. 

We have wild animals, such as raccoons and even bears have been sighted in this neighborhood (though not by me, I'm glad to say!) and I didn't want any animals to get into the trash and make a mess, so I rolled the trash can into the garage Monday night. 
 
Tuesday morning I put the trash can back outside. By mid-afternoon, it still hadn't been picked up. So I called the trash company to make sure they were aware that our garbage had not been picked up. A woman at that company said to be sure to leave the can out because someone would be by to pick it up that day. But by Tuesday night, this still had not happened. Since the garbage had been sitting in the sun for 2 days, I was hesitant to bring it back into the garage because of the smell, so I left it out. (I think I prayed and asked God to please keep animals from the can.)
 
The following morning as I pulled out of the driveway to go to the store and saw the full trash can still there, very puffed up thoughts came, stirring me up, such as that I should call the trash company and "demand" that they pickup the trash right away or to threaten to go to another company.
 
It was obvious these thoughts were not from the Holy Spirit, so I cried out to God to please help me. I told HIM I didn't want to be destroyed over anything, certainly not over trash!, and that I wanted to go in HIS way in this and to live in peace. And I asked HIM to please cause the trash to be picked up that day. 
 
Immediately, I was calmed and those puffed-up thoughts stopped.
 
James 4:7   Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 
 
When I returned from the store less than an hour later, the trash can had been emptied. 
 
I was so glad to have been helped by God instead of trying to deal with this in the flesh by threatening the trash company!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯