Thursday, September 15, 2022

Podcast: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. (Psalm 111:10)

 
 
 
When we "fear God" it means we respect God and know HE is higher than the highest and can be totally trusted and we would be afraid to go in any way opposite to HIS instruction for to do so would bring evil upon us.

By God's words we are kept from the paths of the destroyer.

Examples:  

πŸ’₯ Advertising agency:  When I went on radio to exhort the church in 1980, my pastor, Robert Tilton, came to me and told me I needed to become a client of the Michael Ellison Advertising Agency who helped ministers with radio and television broadcasts.  Bob said to me:  "They can do you a lot of good."  

God had fully prepared my way giving me certain instructions concerning what to do in the ministry and what not to do!

The first thing the Ellison agent told me they wanted me to do was to print these words on all written materials:  "Send me your prayer requests."

I replied:  "I don't want to do that.  The people should learn to pray directly to God through Jesus Christ."

The agent was shocked when I didn't want to do that.  And he said, "Well you're missing a good bet for when they send prayer requests they will usually slip some money into the envelope."

It was a fund raising gimmick!

(I never did that.)

At one point they told me not to send the people any written materials without first sending the materials to the agency for editing.

I told the agent I couldn't do that.  I must be free to speak the message that God gives me.

Then they told me not to speak anything on radio that might offend anyone.

The message spoken by a prophet of God often offends the church for when God speaks through a prophet, often there is a correction in the message of God, or a warning.  So I told the agency I could not guarantee the message would not offend the church.

Matthew 23  (Jesus said)

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see ME henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

I was only with the agency for a few weeks.  One day the agent told me they had decided to eliminate some of their clients and unfortunately I was one they had decided not to represent.

I was devastated.  They represented several big-time radio/TV  ministers and I knew they could get me to the top of the broadcast group if only I would do what they told me to do.

I thought I had failed!  (But really God had kept me safe by showing me what to do and what not to do in the ministry.)

And I was reminded of this:

Matthew 4

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM ONLY shalt thou serve.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In 1982, God said to me:  "The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God."

And God showed me several big time ministers and sins they were committing.

When I couldn't get the message to these men, I told the message on my own radio broadcast which was on coast to coast in USA.

Two stations put me off the air immediately.  (both stations were owned by one of the ministers committing the sins)

I was having a meeting for the radio audience in Seattle, Washington.  Outside of the meeting room door the radio station manager was waiting for me.  When I arrived, George said:  "Joan ... you have many good messages.  Just speak those.  If you continue to speak these judgment messages I don't know what might happen to you.  We might have to put you off the air."

The Holy Spirit in me arose and gave me the following words to speak to George.

"George ... if I don't speak the message that I believe to be from God then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

The word set my way for the remainder of my life.  I spoke what I believed God wanted me to speak to the churches.  I never held back any message that I believed to be from God.

Acts 20  (The apostle Paul said to the elders at Ephesus;)

26-27 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯