Thursday, September 1, 2022

Podcast: Politics and voting: What the Bible tells us as Christians to do

 

 
 
Jesus says:  "My kingdom is not of this world."  (John 18:36)

And Jesus then said:  "If my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is MY kingdom not from hence.(John 18:36)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

As Christians our provision on this earth is supplied by God.  I'm convinced that as long as God chooses to leave me on this earth, HE will provide for me.  I do not seek provision from governments of men nor do I seek provision from humans.

I believe what Paul said in the Bible:

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I often see documentaries on TV concerning Hitler, Germany, and WWII.

The German people were crazy in their avid devotion to Adolph Hitler.  Even up to the day Russia came into Berlin in 1945, the people of Germany fought and many praised Hitler.

(It sadly reminds me of many of the followers of Donald Trump.)

Lies and delusions prevailed and many in WWII Germany suffered greatly because they believed a lie.  The crowds worshipped Hitler and were as mad men.  They were swept away by a delusion.

I see the same thing in both political parties in USA at their political conventions that are shown on TV.

At the Democratic Convention I saw a woman who was obviously a man but was dressed in a woman's dress.  She was on their platform and people were obviously approving her.  

I was terribly shocked when I saw the rioters break into the United States Capitol building on January 6, 2021.  Never before have I seen a visible threat posed like this to democracy.  

I have never been a political person.  I believe politicians have to compromise in order to be elected.  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

This is what the Bible tells us to do:

1 Timothy 2

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

I do pray for those in authority.  

When Donald Trump was president, I prayed that he not use any nuclear weapons.

Concerning President Biden, I prayed that he not do anything to get us involved in a war because of Russian and Ukraine.  Sometimes I pray for him to be strengthened physically for he seems to have physical weaknesses.

If you entangle yourself with a political party, can you pray for the other party if they are elected?  Do you learn to hate the other party?  Are you blinded into following the party and therefore become deluded to truth.

I consider both political parties to be of this world.  I see both parties make laws which are opposed to scripture.  I do not expect them to be the church.  They are the world,  I just avoid the subject of politics and do not allow myself to put my hope in men of this world but I keep my hope in God.

I do not vote for any human ... but I do sometimes pray for those persons in charge that they would make decisions which allow us to live in peace.

I am grateful for the 2 party system for not too much can get done because they keep each other in check.

Dictators demand loyalty and would not allow us freedom concerning Bible.

At this point in time, I am allowed to speak any verse of scripture from the Bible.  And I am free not to be a member of either political party and I do not have to vote.

In NAZI Germany the people did not end up with this freedom.  They had to pledge their allegiance to Adolph Hitler.  And the people who really supported him looked upon him as a god and worshipped him and became wild and crazy.

We as Christians hope in God and we know the things in the Bible will come to pass and we keep ourselves from becoming entangled in things of this world even as we live in this world.

Romans 14:19   Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯