Friday, August 28, 2020

* The way to go in the days ahead.


Joan Boney ... apostle and prophet 
of Jesus Christ 
according to Ephesians 4:11-12.

*****


Isaiah 30:21  And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

(An angel can speak to us from "without" the body and give us instruction from God.  Most of the time I'm led by the Holy Spirit of God who lives in me, bringing thoughts to my mind to show me what to do.)

Here is an example which I believe to have been an angel of God delivering a message to me to show me what to do.

January 10, 1980,
I was asleep in the night when a very loud trumpet-like voice shouted 3 words into my ear:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I jumped out of bed and wrote "KWJS" on a note pad.  I didn't want to get these letters mixed up.  They looked to me like call letters to either radio or television.

I looked up "KWJS" and found it was a radio station.

I then said to God, "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."

Immediately the thought came to my mind:  "Call the radio station manager."  (I believe that was the Holy Spirit within me guiding me.)

In this example we see God telling "what to do" and "how to do that thing."



***


A woman at the church I was attending in the 1980's, came to me after I went on radio and said, "I want to do what you do."  

I was shocked!

I replied, "You do?"

(It hadn't occurred to me that people actually wanted to do these things.  I was just doing what God showed me to do.)

Now I know many want to do ministry work when they have not been called by God to do this work.

Matthew 24:4-5   Jesus said:   Take heed that no man deceive you.  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.




***


Concerning following God:

Recently a woman in a church group tried to do a scripture, but she didn't turn to God to see "how" to do the instruction.  She tried to do it by her own way, her own thinking.  That is disastrous.

We must hear "what to do" and then we must seek God concerning "how to do that Word."



***


Many in churches try to do things for God by their own thinking, often signing up for things to do which are listed on the church bulletin board:  such as hospital visitations, food for the needy, ministry trips

And often these works are not authored by God for that individual who signs up.

Matthew 7    Jesus says:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


The thing each of us should seek is to do the will of God for our lives by turning to God in prayer and by waiting for God to show us what HE wants us to do and how to do what HE wants us to do.


***


Romans 8:14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Word lives in us, the believer, today by the Holy Spirit of Jesus, and that Word delivered by the Holy Spirit of Jesus, comes up to our mind showing us the way to go as we deal with issues of this present life.

Whether by an angel or by the Holy Spirit, the believers are led by the Word given to them by God.

John 14:4-6   Jesus says: And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.  

Thomas saith unto Him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him,  I (The Word) am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by ME (The Word).


***


Jesus said:  John 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The flesh never does good, though it can seem good:  Unless God told us to do the work, it will not be a work of God, though man will think it is good.

Secular organization are always telling of the "good works" they do such as NFL giving millions of dollars for flood victims or Coronavirus research.

Man loves to tell other men of works that seem good to men.

The flesh likes to seem to be "wise".

Once a woman asked me to help her to find a light fixture for her dining room table.  I met her at the electric store.  Enroute I prayed, asking God to help us to find the fixture and not have to go all over town.

I walked in the store and immediately I saw a fixture that would work.

This woman looked at all the fixtures while I waited at the counter area.

After looking for about 20-minutes, she returned and I asked, "Did you find a fixture you liked?"

She replied, "No."

I pointed to the fixture I had seen upon entering the store and said, "That would work."

She looked at the item and then said, "Yes ... it would work."  (and she purchased the fixture)

When we left the store, I asked, "Did you pray before we came to look for dining room lighting?"

She responded in a way which I felt seemed clever to her.

She said, "No ... because I knew you would."

Her response identified her to me.

She is no longer with us.



***

Hebrews 1:1-2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by HIS Son, whom HE hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also HE made the worlds;

The Son, The Holy Spirit of Jesus who lives in us, teaches us and leads us today:


***

The New Testament church:  Jesus lives in each believer.

II Corinthians 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

I Corinthaians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

I Corinthians 6:19-20   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 


*** 

The Holy Spirit of Jesus who is in us:  

(Jn. 14:26 & Jn. 16:13)

    He shall teach you all things, 

   *  and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

   *  He will guide you into all truth: 

   *  He will shew you things to come.

***

We overcome and endure as we hear the Word by the Holy Spirit and follow that Word:

If we follow our own ideas, our own thinking, or if we follow thoughts sent by the devil which seem religious and seem right, we will not overcome and we could end up losing our salvation, having our name blotted out of the book of life by Jesus.

But if we overcome, by the Word given by the Holy Spirit, then Jesus says:

Revelation 3:5   He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before His angels.


***

Concerning the end times, Jesus says:

Matthew 24:12-13 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many (for the Word of God) shall wax cold.

13  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.


We endure and overcome by hearing The Word given by God by the Holy Spirit of Jesus, and by following that Word to the end, doing that Word.

***

II Corinthians 3:6   Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

People who do not have the Spirit of God often try to follow scripture by "the letter", but put themselves and others into a bondage not intended by God.

We, who have the Spirit in us to lead us in the handling of scripture, free ourselves from the evil of this world by following the scriptures by the Holy Spirit of Jesus.

Sometimes a Christian will start out by following the Spirit but later will turn and begin to follow his own fleshly ideas.

Paul speaks of this to the church of the Galatians:

Galatians 3:1-3   O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?



***

How were we born again?

God spoke to us by His Spirit and we believed and were born again because we believed what God said.

God gave HIS Spirit to those who believed in the Word, and that Spirit of Jesus lives in those who believe the Word, and HE speaks to us today by bringing HIS Word to our minds to show us the way to go, what to do, in the specific matters at hand.  And we believe that Word and follow HIM, doing that Word.

The ones who put themselves into the church without having the Spirit of God will often try to follow us who live by the Spirit and follow that Word given to us by the Spirit.

But in copying us, they are always a little off and finally we realize they do not have the Spirit but are following us.

Usually they end up leaving us who have the Spirit.

I John 2

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.


24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son (The Word), and in the Father.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him (The Word).


28 And now, little children, abide in Him (The Word); that, when HE (The Word) shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.


If we abide in The Word, when The Word comes HE will find us living in The Word so we will not be ashamed as those who live in their own fleshly ideas.

But no one can abide in The Word unless he has the Spirit of God to lead him in doing the Word.

Thus Jesus says: Ye must be born again.  (John 3:7)

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  (I Corinthians 2:14)

But many who attend churches are not born again and therefore they cannot follow the Spirit of God for they do not have the Spirit of God in them to lead and guide them.

We who have the Spirit of God must follow the Spirit of God, and resist following our own flesh, thereby being wise in our own eyes, which is deadly to us.



*****