Monday, August 17, 2020

* Proverbs 1: Avoiding things and people who cause you to be grieved or troubled.


10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:

16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.



*****

Comments by Joan Boney  ... apostle/prophet

In March, 2020, when the closing of businesses and sporting events took place, my attention was strongly drawn to the Coronavirus news reports on TV.

I'd never seen anything like this happen.

So my interest was very high.

But there was so much evil surfacing through the television news reports that I had to reign my own flesh in to escape the evil.

I began strongly focusing on Proverbs 1:10; 15-16 to escape the trap of the worldly newscast and to regain godly control over myself.

The one thing that controls my own flesh is scripture.  When I have a scripture, I can look at that scripture day and night, and in time, the scripture overcomes me! 

In this case, it took several months but the scriptures did give me the strength to withdraw myself from the CNN reports.

I found the newscasters speaking so much evil about President Trump and I felt they were even searching for things which put an evil slant on the president.

I am very non-political.  Paul said to pray for those "kings" and persons in authority, but I do not have to vote for them, I'm glad to say.  We still have freedom "not to vote."   This in itself is a wonderful liberty.


I Timothy 2

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

(I do pray, from time to time, for whoever is president, but I don't want to form any hatred toward that person.)

I believe there is a great deal of evil in politics.  I do not want to be a part of this in any form and fortunately in the United States, at this point in time, we are not required to be a part of politics by voting.

In Nazi Germany the people were often forced to vote or suffer serious physical dangers.

After we are born again, we view this world in a very different way.

Colossians 3

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.

After we are born again, then we are as strangers and pilgrims on this earth, as was Abraham.

Hebrews 11

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for HE hath prepared for them a city.


***

I found a second very important use for Proverbs 1.

v.10   ... if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

People who call themselves Christians often sin by failing to pray to God over each of their concerns, as we are told to do in Bible.  

I've found these "sinners" dump their problems on other Christians, multiplying their sins.

I have to watch myself because I am "enticed" by wanting to help them.  But of late, I've understood that these persons are really sinning by not dealing in a spiritual way with their own troubles.  

So I am taking very strong actions by heeding this Bible instruction where it says not to consent to them in their desire, which is to tell me their troubles rather than turning to God with all concerns.  

If they would do the scripture, everything would be in order.

Philippians 4

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


This each of us must do daily as problems surface in our minds.



***

Corrupt ministers solicit prayer requests as a way of getting money, for they know when people send "prayer requests" they often enclose money in the envelope with their request for prayer.

Sin abounds on both sides, from that person who fails to turn to God in prayer, and from that minister who seeks to gain a form of power over the person who requests prayer.  Two form of evil occur.  And often humans end up taking the place of God in these things.


***

I still keep Proverbs 1 in front of me day and night to enable me to structure my way opposite from these fleshly sins of the church and the world.  

Scripture is the only thing that I know of that is strong enough to free me and to cause me to go in a godly way.

Philippians 4:13   I can do all things through Christ (The Word) which strengtheneth me.

I rejoice in the scripture which takes me away from sins.


*****

Joshua 1:8   This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Keeping specific scripture before me day and night enables me to be strong enough to do those instructions given by those scriptures.

Thus my own flesh is overcome by the scriptures.


*****