Saturday, August 22, 2020

* Saved from vain imaginations so we can live in truth.


Joan Boney ... apostle and prophet of Jesus Christ 
by the will of God 
according to Ephesians 4:11-12. 


*****

One of the works of the Holy Spirit in us is as follows:

   John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,  (HE will) bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I (Jesus) have said unto you.

Here is an example of this which I experienced recently.

I was thinking of a woman who used to be in our church group.  I began thinking, "Maybe she has changed now ... Maybe she is okay."

(Looking back on this, I believe those thoughts that she is better now were from the devil to cause me to resume an association with this woman and perhaps call her and do harm to myself as I have done in past times.  God freed me.  The devil wants to put me back into bondage.)

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.  He reminds us of things Jesus has said to us so we can live in truth and not in fantasy.

As I thought about this woman, the Holy Spirit reminded me of a recent dream about her.

In this dream, she looked great physically, better than ever.   My car had two flat tires on the back wheels.  This woman started driving the car with the tires flat.  I was surprised she did this for I had always heard not to drive on a flat tire because it would damage the rim of the wheel. (not good to do this ... no common sense)

Then she registered me in small claims court to try to get reimbursed for the 2 tires which were almost new.  (Taking people to court is a hard yoke and an ungodly way according to I Corinthians 6:6-8)

Then I heard her tell another woman that these "bad" things had happened because it was Friday 13th. (superstitions: evil work of the flesh ... Galatians 5:20)

There was an evil man from one of our previous church groups and he just couldn't wait to try to get with this woman who had made all the wrong decisions because she looked so physically attractive.

***

When the Holy Spirit reminded me of this dream, I was shown truth so I would not continue thinking this woman was maybe better now when she is actually worse.

God does not want us to dwell in vain imaginations but to live in the truth from God.

The Holy Spirit shows us truth for HE is the Spirit of Truth.

The truth: 
People make themselves look better by outward appearance while inwardly they are filled with all sorts of evil.

Matthew 23   Jesus says:

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.




*****