Monday, September 17, 2018

When I read the Bible ...


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I see Jesus as The Word. 

John 1:1   In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.


***

So when I read the Bible, I often insert "The Word" as in the following scripture:

Psalm 91 

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High (The Word) shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.


2 I will say of the Lord, HE (The Word) is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him (The Word) will I trust.

3 Surely HE (The Word) shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.


***

When God brings HIS Word to our attention by the Holy Spirit, we have That Word upon which the gates of hell cannot prevail against.


***

In II Thessalonians 2, the apostle Paul spoke of how antichrist must come into the church and the apostasy come to the church before Jesus returns.

Consider verse 7, NASB, thinking of "HE", the restraint against antichrist, as being The Word.

II Thessalonians 2:7  NASB    For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only HE (The Word) who now restrains will do so until HE  (The Word) is taken out of the way. 

***

As soon as "The Word" was removed in part from the congregation, the restrain against antichrist was removed from the church and perversion of lawlessness came into the church.

This is the apostasy in the church which the apostle Paul said would come before the end.

The church would fall away from scripture and replace various portions of scripture with other doctrines.

Paul said:  Acts 20:29-30   For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.


***

perverse:  twisted things, changing scripture from the doctrine of Christ.


*****