Friday, September 28, 2018

Cling to the Holy Scriptures and be spared from the evil


Book:  Exhortations for the Church
Vol. 4, Chapter 7
Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


In John 17, Jesus prayed to God and said ...

6-12  I have manifested THY name unto the men which thou gavest ME out of the world: THINE they were, and THOU gavest them ME; and they have kept THY word.

Now they have known that all things whatsoever THOU hast given me are of THEE. 

For I have given unto them the words which THOU gavest ME; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from THEE, and they have believed that THOU didst send ME (The Word).

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which THOU hast given ME; for they are THINE.

And all MINE are THINE, and THINE are MINE; and I am glorified in them.

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to THEE.

Holy Father, keep through THINE OWN NAME (The Word) those whom THOU hast given ME, that they may be one, as WE are.

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in THY name (The Word): those that THOU gavest ME I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.


***


14-17  I have given them THY word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I (The Word) am not of the world.

I pray not that THOU shouldest take them out of the world, but that THOU shouldest keep them from the evil.

They are not of the world, even as I (The Word) am not of the world.

Sanctify them through THY truth: THY word is truth. 


***** 

When we are given a word from God and believe that word, we end up being "kept" by that word.

Here is an example of this.

Testimony of Pam Padgett:

Several years ago I was engaged to marry a man named Chuck. 

Chuck said he was a Christian.  He had three grown children from a previous marriage.  He and his first wife divorced after she began having an affair with another man.  

(Since his wife had been unfaithful, I believe he was free to re-marry, according to scripture. )


*****

I had a strong desire to be married, and ignored and kept quiet about things that troubled me. 

A few days before we planned to be married, Joan (apostle/prophet) and Barbara (prophet) in our little church group each contacted me saying they were very troubled about this marriage. 

I took these warnings very seriously, and we postponed the wedding. 

I also prayed diligently about the entire matter



*****


Then one day Chuck and I were talking on the telephone and he mentioned that his grown son who was in the army and stationed in Germany had called to say he was engaged to be married.  The woman he was engaged to marry was divorced.  I told Chuck that this marriage was against what we're told in the Bible, that his son would commit adultery by marrying a divorced woman. 

Chuck got very quiet and we soon ended the conversation.  

Matthew 5:32   Jesus said ... But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery

Although we usually spoke on the telephone or emailed each other every day, after I spoke against his son's marriage, Chuck called me only once and that was a brief call while I was at work. 

Something was not right. 

After a few days I arranged to meet him so we could talk. 

During that talk it came out that he no longer wanted to marry me. 

My speaking against his son's marriage had stopped our engagement.  


*****

It was very hard for me to comprehend what had happened. 

But as I drove away, I heard from the Holy Spirit "Be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers"(II Corinthians 6)

Immediately I saw that although Chuck said he was a Christian, he was really an unbeliever, for he didn't believe the word of God in which we're told that a man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

God delivered and kept me as I believed and spoke HIS word.  

2 Corinthians 6:14-18  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? 

for ye are the temple of the LIVING God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be MY people. 

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be MY sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.



*****

Today I have no doubt that had I married Chuck, it would have been a very terrible and hard situation.  I would have been continuously troubled by what Chuck and his children said and did, and there would have been problems as I held to what God has told us since Chuck didn't believe and became upset with me when I spoke up about these things. 

I am so thankful to have not married Chuck.
   


*****

BOOK: Exhortations For The Church, Volume 4
Chapter 7

Joan Boney



E-book: $.99
Paperback: $8.99
(USA Prices)

Order from: Amazon.com


*****