Saturday, September 8, 2018

Scripture


I want to get scripture more deeply inside me and I know we can do that by meditating throughout the day on key scriptures. 

You can put scriptures into an email to yourself so when you open your email throughout that day, those scriptures will be there and this will give you more opportunity to think on those scripture and do them.

Joan Boney

*****

II Corinthians 13:11   Live in peace.

II Peter 3:14  
   Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.


We work our life so we can live "in peace".

I find there are some people I cannot be around or communicate with.  They say things that steal my joy and peace needlessly.  I had 2 cousins this way.  I finally just stopped calling them.  I wanted things to go well for them but I couldn't help them.  One even attacked me, without cause, each time I spoke with her.  There are people like that.  The only way I could live in peace was to not talk with her.  She lived 350 miles away from me.

Another factor in living in peace is dealing properly with projects and finances.  You might be able to afford to do the project but it can disrupt peace so that could hurt you.

I try to consider, prayerfully, what I do and choose peace.

Sometimes stories in newscasts can trouble us and upset our peace.  Usually there is nothing we can do about the situation and to restore peace we have to pray for help from God.    

So we have to work at remaining in peace.

Usually when we are in real peace, there is a companion of joy.   They sort of go together to help us evaluate our situation ... peace & joy.


*****