Saturday, September 22, 2018

Overcoming through Jesus, The Word.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

John 16:33   Jesus says:  These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me (The Word) ye might have peace. 

In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I (The Word) have overcome the world. 

***


When we take on the opinions or teachings of the world and preferences of our own flesh, we have tribulation, trouble.

James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Example:  There is a professional golfer that I grew to dislike.  I had seen some stories on TV that I disliked about his way of life.  Also I had inside me some "preferences" of my own flesh which caused me to go against him.  When I watched golf tournaments, I always hoped this golfer would do poorly.

One day, I realized how unwise this was of me.

For the wisdom that is from above is "without partiality" James 3:17

And I prayed for God to help me.

A few days later, I notice I had changed.  I no longer rooted for him to miss that putt!


***

Taking in the way of the world will bring you tribulation.  BEWARE for you can hear a news story and take it into your own heart and it will bear evil thoughts and evil feelings and evil desires (malice) against another person.

When we do this, we are not going in the way of God but in the nature of man and the way of the world.  It is unwise and harmful to us and others.  We can think evil and even speak evil to other people and bring evil thoughts to another.  This is to be avoided and fought in us when we hear ourselves do such.  (Unless we speak a warning from God.)


***

I Timothy 2:1-4    I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;


Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.


***

When I look at the headlines on CNN, there is so much fighting over Donald Trump. I don't read the stories for I don't want to take all these details into my heart. I don't even want to have to choose sides. But I can honestly pray for God to protect us by keeping government leaders from making decisions that can cause terrible wars or hurt us in other ways.  I know God is in charge, even of these men of the world. God can turn them by just putting another thought into their heart. I see this in the Bible.
 
They will hate. They will despise each other and think themselves to be right. They do works of the flesh, some of which are hatred, debating, trying to exalt themselves. 
 
They squabble among themselves, often over things that don't even matter.
 
But when it really does matter, I want God in charge! Therefore I pray that God will put in the ruler's mind that which can keep us in peace.
 
Proverbs 21:1  The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: HE (God) turneth it whithersoever HE will.

Psalm 47:8  God reigneth over the heathen:
 
 
***


The way of our own flesh and the way of this world is to fuss, strive, debate, fight.

But the way of God for us is peace.

We overcome through God through prayer, controlling ourselves by the Word of God which is brought to our mind through The Word given us by the Spirit.

We will have tribulation in this world. Jesus, The Word, overcame the world.

We also overcome the troubles of this world through Jesus, The Word given us by HIS Spirit, the Holy Spirit.


***

 If we are defrauded by someone in this world, I know God will repay both him who defrauded and me who was defrauded. 

That brings me peace.

To strive with the man who defrauded will not bring peace but trouble.

It is better to trust God and let God settle the matter.


***

A few years ago, a man wrote to me and asked: "What is your vision for India?"
 
I replied: "The same as my vision for USA."

And I quoted II Peter 3:10-14.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

 
*****