Tuesday, September 25, 2018

We panic at the unexpected.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I went into my bedroom to go to bed for the night.

My table lamp that is beside my bed didn't work.

What happened?  I panicked.

It is not a light where you can simply change the light bulb.  It is an LED light.

Perhaps it got unplugged when cleaning woman was working that day?  I thought.

I checked the plug in on the extension cord and the lamp still didn't work.  It seemed to be plugged into the extension cord and into the wall.  Nothing I could do.


***

In times of minor panic, our flesh often just reacts, without any prayer.  But even in those times, God often settles our flesh and calms us down and begins to bring thoughts to us to show us what to do.

John 16:13   Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth:

(I've always believed HE guides me into "all truth" about spiritual and secular matters.)


***

I felt I needed a table light immediately that night so I went to office area and got another LED light and brought it into bedroom.

It worked well but I knew I would need a second LED light to have lights for both office and bedroom.

This little LED light was very inexpensive, $11.99, through Amazon so I decided to order another one.


***

Then I had another problem.  The light I had brought into the bedroom was running out of power.  It has to be recharged from a port on the desktop computer.  When I tried to recharge it from the laptop in bedroom, the port was too small for the light cord to connect.  How could this be handled?  I had no idea.  We who were born in a non-computer generation are often baffled at those things that we now use!


***

I thought I would have to go to Office Max the next day to see if there was any cord I could purchase to allow me to recharge this LED light from my bedroom.  

The only port large enough, at my house, to allow me to use the recharge cable was the desktop computer in the office area.  It would be so inconvenient to take the lamp all the way to the office area to recharge the lamp each time I had to do that.


***

The next morning I was thinking of how I would have to go to Office Max that day.

As I got out of bed and walked past shelves in hallway, I noticed my 10" Kindle tablet but I knew the port on tablet was too small for the plug on the LED light.

But I happened to notice a black cube sitting on that shelf.  It had electrical outlet prongs so obviously it plugged into electrical outlet, but what was it for.  On backside it had a computer port outlet.  I tried the LED cord on the port and it was the right size.  Now I could recharge the LED bedroom light from my bedroom electrical outlet!

How simple!  (no trip needed to Office Max)

***

All I had to do was to relax enough to be led by the Spirit of God rather than trying to work it out in my own mind!


*****