Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Don't be tormented by memories of past sins, instead overcome through prayer and what Jesus brings to your mind about the sin.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus saves us from our past sins.

But the devil reminds us of our past sins to torment us.

We overcome those memories through that which God brings to our mind by the Holy Spirit.

Therefore do not try to hide when you are reminded of a past sin from which you have already repented and are deeply grieved.  Do not wallow in the grief and be pulled down.

Instead turn to God in prayer asking God to help you with this remembrance! 

Usually when I pray after a bad memory, that memory quickly departs and often I am restored by God bringing a Word to my mind.  As I think on that word God has given me, I am joyful again.

Don't try to forget the sin or sweep it away ... instead commit that memory to God and ask for HIS help.


***

One thing you might think on is this:  Didn't God save you and give you HIS Spirit even after you did that terrible sin?

If HE did ... and if you are sure the Spirit of God is in you ... that has to be your answer and comfort.

With each of us, we don't hide from the sin, neither should we go about telling others of the sin we committed. (in most cases)

What we do is speak against that sin and urge others not to do that sin.

Therefore we no longer fear the memory of the sin but we address it directly by turning others from that sin when we have the opportunity.

Thus we overcome that sin through God.


***

The thought came reminded me of a time I mistreated my mother and my father when they came to visit me in the 1960's.

And I said, "Oh God ... help me ... "

And I was reminded of following:

II Corinthians 5:17   Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.



*****