Monday, September 24, 2018

Psalm 71



In Thee (The Word), O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.

2 Deliver me in Thy righteousness (showing me what is right in YOUR sight), and cause me to escape: incline Thine ear unto me, and save me.

(Humans teach us many things and ways that are opposite to what is right in the sight of God. Cause us to escape, O God.)


***


3 Be Thou (The Word) my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: 

Thou hast given commandment to save me; for Thou (The Word) art my rock and my fortress.

4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.

5 For Thou (The Word) art my hope, O Lord God: Thou (The Word) art my trust from my youth.


***
7 I am as a wonder unto many; but Thou (The Word) art my strong refuge.
(Run to God in prayer in times of danger or trouble. Hide in Him. Focus on The Word.)

8 Let my mouth be filled with Thy praise and with Thy honour all the day.(Praise God by telling that which The Word has done for you. Let "The Word" be your praise at all times.)


***
14 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise Thee (The Word) more and more.
15 My mouth shall shew forth Thy righteousness and Thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof
.
(Speaking of the right ways of The Word and the escapes we have had by The Word given us by God by HIS Spirit.)


***

16 I will go in the strength of the Lord God (The Word)

I will make mention of Thy righteousness, even of Thine only.

(Exalting The Word and not man, for if there is goodness in man it is because God has given him that goodness. Learn to praise God for the good HE gives to man. Praise the creator, not the created.)


***

17 O God, Thou (The Word) hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wondrous works.

18 Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed Thy strength unto this generation, and Thy power to every one that is to come.

19 Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto Thee!


***

24 My tongue also shall talk of Thy righteousness (of the right ways of The Word) all the day long:


*****