Monday, September 10, 2018

Scripture


I want to get scripture more deeply inside me and I know we can do that by meditating throughout the day on key scriptures. 

You can put scriptures into an email to yourself so when you open your email throughout that day, those scriptures will be there and this will give you more opportunity to think on those scripture and do them.

Joan Boney

*****

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Recently I was reading this and the word, "without partiality", caught my attention.  

I realized I didn't know what this meant.  I asked God what that means.

If we have developed a "partiality" it can keep us from going the way that is best for us.  It can keep us from living in peace in the midst of an evil world.

Examples:  Pam Padgett was remodeling a portion of her house.  She had seen various home decoration shows and it came into her mind to remodel her kitchen.  When she tried to put her design onto a computer software program, she found it would not work well for her and her current kitchen was better for her.  God spared her from spending money and effort doing something that would have been harmful to her.

We can develop a partiality by stories we hear on newscasts.  I heard a story about a golfer and because of his life style I became opposed to this man.  When I saw him play golf, I hoped he would miss that putt he was trying.  (Malice had come into my heart against him.  Malice is wanting to see another person get what we think he deserves.)

Partiality can cause peace to flee from us and can cause us to fret, especially in politics and sports but also in many other ways of this life.

Partiality is not wisdom from God.  To be partial to the nation we live in or the state we live in can cause us to be prideful and to fret needlessly over many things of this world.  It is not wisdom from God.  It is of our flesh which will be destroyed in the end.

We should live in peace, worshipping God through The Word HE gives us. God is in charge of them and us.  God can turn the person if HE chooses to do so.  (consider the apostle Paul, Acts 9)



*****