Saturday, September 29, 2018

Turning depression or sadness into joy.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I think of my works, I am often ashamed and sad.  My foolishness overwhelms me.  When I think of the actions of other people I am drawn down.

I called to God for help and I saw the following:

Psalm 77:10-12   And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.  I will remember the works of the Lord: surely I will remember Thy wonders of old.

I will meditate also of all Thy work, and talk of Thy doings.

***

So I stopped and did the above scripture. I thought of the things God had done for me. How HE saved me by giving me HIS truth. (August 5, 1975)  When HE said to me, "Joan... you know these mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

And with that Word, my life was changed immediately and forever.

And HE began teaching me by giving me HIS Word, bit by bit.  And HE recreated me over and over (and still is doing that) by HIS Word which HE speaks to my mind by HIS Spirit to conform me to HIS image, The Word.

When I deliberately thought on the specific things God did for me, sadness flew away and I became increasingly joyful.

Think on God and what HE has done in your life and not on yourself.

This is a deliberate act.

Philippians 3:1-3    Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord (The Word). 

To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

(Rejoice in that which God has told you by HIS Spirit.  Rejoice and think on that which God has done for you and for others.)

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 

(The concision:  Those persons who by their own acts think themselves to be righteous.) 

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus (The Word), and have no confidence in the flesh.


***

God showed me I can ask HIM for wisdom and HE will give it to me.  (a sure thing)

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 

I asked HIM for wisdom as I ran my secular business and HE showed me what to do over and over.

I asked HIM for wisdom daily, each time I picked up Bible to read and HE often opened my eyes to see something that day I had never before seen.

God showed me how to recognize the ideas that were given by HIM.

***

James 3:17    But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


***

God opened my eyes from time to time as I read Bible to have real understanding concerning what was being said in the scripture.

Matthew 16   When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

HE saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

***

HE showed me Peter was blessed not because he said "Jesus is Lord".  Peter was blessed because God choose to reveal HIS WORD to Peter.  No man taught this to Peter.  God, The Father, revealed it to Peter.

And it is upon this revealed Word of God to the believer that Jesus builds HIS church.  And the gates of hell will not stand against that Word which God gives to us.


***
It is all of God ... not of ourselves and our own minds and our own efforts.  It is all what God shows us by HIS Spirit.

And God keeps us safe until the End by that which HE shows us daily.

Trust that Word God has given you.  And think on that Word which God has given you.

God turns sadness into joy when we think of that which HE has said to us.


*****