Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Psalm 64


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Some people are not afraid to speak things that hurt other people needlessly.

I had one cousin who seemed to want to speak things to hurt me.

Some other people are just careless with their words and don't even realize they are saying hurtful things.  It is like they do not have good sense and just speak anything that comes to their mind.  The devil uses them greatly against us.


***

Psalm 64 speaks of people like this, who "shoot" out harmful things from their mouths.

1-4    Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:

Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:

That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.


***

It always amazes me they could say such hurtful things.

They do not have a fear of God.  They speak foolishly.  (perhaps a lack of common sense)

Psalm 64:8    So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away.

When God allows us to see what they are likely to do, I think we do avoid such people.

Therefore they make their own tongue to fall upon themselves.

I know I have 2 cousins I cannot afford to be around.  (One died recently.)

It is not just a matter of my forgiving them.  I'm sorry I can't speak with them.  I wish I could.  But they would have none of it and I couldn't trust them for they did not control their tongues and would strike out at me at any given moment.

God showed Pam Padgett that to go around certain of her relatives would be like stepping into a bed of red ants.

Matthew 10:16    be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

***

I know we have to be very careful not to needless hurt another person.  It is one thing to bring godly correction but quite another matter to speak with a desire to show that person to be deficient in some manner while exalting ourselves.

***

There are 4 people I know at present to beware of.  I don't often put myself into their paths.  When I do, it usually turns out badly.

We do have to be careful.  We cannot live in peace freely with some people.  We always have to be guarded when we are around them.  

And we never want to hurt them ... but they often hurt us one way or another.

Our commission while we wait for Jesus is as follows:

II Peter 3:14    be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

We forgive them and we want only good for them ... but this does not mean we can be around them or freely pick up phone and call such persons as this.

Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves ... Matthew 10:16

Because our hearts are kept by God and we do not want to harm anyone, we are sheep among wolves, says Jesus.  Thus we have to be wise about them, but harmless toward them, not taking on ill will against them or allowing our own heart to be damaged by their harmful words ... and through God, we can continue blameless through praying over the hurt and heeding that which the Spirit of God shows us.

But in our wisdom, we need restraint concerning them.  Do not foolishly go head first into their lives for we have to be wise about them.


*****