Friday, September 7, 2018

I want to exalt God and praise HIM, telling of HIS Word which HE gives me.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I often find a great conflict when I am with other people.

I want to exalt God, telling of HIS great works to me, as HE gave me HIS Word to show me what to do as I live on this earth.

But I find most humans, even those who call themselves Christians, seem embarrassed when I speak of God, and they delight in exalting man and telling of the works and seemingly wisdom of man.  (Although I believe all real wisdom is from God.)


***


I want to be around those people to whom I can delight openly in God, in HIS Word.

The people of God worship HIM in spirit and in truth.  John 4


***

Jesus said:  No man can come to me (The Word), except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I (The Word) will raise him up at the last day.

God draws us to Jesus by putting HIS Word into our hearts.  When this happens, we want more of HIS Word.  Our desire toward God changes.  Prior to that, we are not interested in Bible, in The Word.  After that, we desire to read Bible and to know about God.  But even that desire is put there by God, by the word HE puts into our heart to draw us to HIMSELF.

The Word spoken by the Spirit raises people from the dead of this world and causes us to go another way from the way of the world.

The Word causes us to see differently from this world.

The Word separates us from this world and even separates us from our own flesh.

Hebrews 4:12-13   For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in HIS sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of HIM with whom we have to do.


***

The Word even rules over our own flesh.

Galatians 5:19-25    Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: 

of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

By choosing to walk in the ways the Spirit speaks to us, we control our flesh, making the word of God rule over our own flesh by the Spirit.  


***

I Corinthians 9:24-27   Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate
(self controlled) in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Through prayer, we keep our own flesh under the control of God as we turn to God and allow God, through HIS Word and HIS Spirit, to rule over what we do on this present earth.

Therefore we can walk in joy and peace through HIS Word instead of walking in strife and envy and other evil sensations of our flesh.


*****