Sunday, September 9, 2018

Assurance of THE WORD


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

All that I have on this earth and everything I do on this earth is done because God has given me HIS Word on the matter at hand and by that Word I have faith to do what I do.


***

A few years ago, I purchased a very defective TV.  The dealer said he could fix it but he would not come pick it up.  (It was a very expensive plasma TV)

I kept trying to tune it and get the vertical streaks to lessen for they covered the entire picture.

For about a year, each time I turned on that TV, I was struggling, trying to tune it.

One day as I was attempting to tune it, I heard from the Holy Spirit the following words.

"You don't have to put up with that."

I stopped trying to tune the TV and thought on the WORD which I had just heard.

That's right!  I don't have to put up with this problem.  I can just buy another TV and have this TV removed.  (I had extra money in my checking account which had accumulated from monthly social security government checks.)

I did this immediately, that same day.

Now I no longer had to fret when I turned on the TV for it worked.


***

Isaiah 55:8-9    For MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, saith the Lord.   For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways, and MY thoughts than your thoughts.

Our thoughts are often reasoned by our own thinking, by our own fleshly minds.

God's thoughts are peace and bring peace to our way of life.


***

Psalm 84:11   For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

God is a sun to us, showing us what to do, showing us the way to go.

God is a shield to us, keeping us from harm by HIS Word which is brought to our mind by the Holy Spirit.

God brings HIS Word directly to our mind by HIS Spirit so we can know what to do.

Jesus says:

John 14:26    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I (The Word) have said unto you.

John 16:13    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Psalm 119:105    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Wait until you have received from God that Word before you do anything.  Pray and be patient.

How do I know if that idea is from God?

Evaluate the idea by the following points.

James 3:17    But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


***

If you belong to God, you have the Spirit of God in you.  The Spirit of God knows the mind of God and shows you the will of God in the matter at hand.

The Spirit of God brings ideas to your mind.

But other spirits not of God also bring ideas to your mind.

It is very important to decide whether the idea is from God or is from another spirit.

If the plan is difficult to do, complex, costly, then I know I do not have the plan that is from God.

When the plan is from God, it is pure, peaceable, gentle, easy to do, without partiality, without any hypocrisy, without pretending what you do not feel.  James 3:17

When we decide the plan is from God, we can go forth in faith and assurance.

We go out with joy and are led forth by peace.  Joy and peace are companions!

If there is confusion, look for envy and strive.  For where there is envy or strife, there is confusion and every evil work.


James 3:14-16    But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.


***

The wisdom that is from God is "pure" ... not usually based on preconceived ideas.  It may even be in a completely opposite way from that which you planned.

My cat died.  I was approximately 74-years-old at that time.  I didn't plan to get another pet because I was so old I might outlive the animal.

The night Samantha died, I was in terrible condition.  I cried out to God.

"I need help."

Instantly the following came into my mind:

"Go on Internet and purchase a Siamese cat."

That was a Saturday morning.  I found a breeder I liked and she said, "I can have a kitten to your house by next Wednesday."

I was very excited to think of that ... and there was no more sorrow over Samantha.

God simply put me in a way that was the best plan for me.


***

Another example:

One day a pick-up with a flat bed trailer pulled up beside my car as I was at a traffic signal light.

I noticed a load of fire wood on the trailer.

I began thinking:  "I wish I had a wood burning fireplace."

Immediately I heard, "You can have that."

I began to think on the word that had just come into my mind.

I could have "that" (I'd never considered changing my fireplace from gas logs to wood until that moment.)

There is a fireplace store in the town where I live.  I knew they would be able to do the work to make this change.  I knew this would not be any problem for me financially.

So I took action by faith and with joy!  And have enjoyed wood burning since that time.

I've found God will do things for us that we never considered doing!


***

Romans 8:14    as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.



*****