Monday, June 25, 2018

Using scripture to our benefit


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When the Holy Spirit calls to our attention a scripture, or even a portion of scripture, it is very important for us to stop and focus on that instruction given in that scripture for it can be direction needed at that specific time or confirmation to the way we have been going.

I reread the New Testament, over and over ... Recently I began Matthew again, going through all the NT again as is my reading habit.  When I got to Chapter 28, a portion of a verse stood out to me:

Matthew 28:20    Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I stopped reading and examined myself.

* Am I teaching them all things that YOU have taught me?
* Have I left anything out?

I am persuaded I have shared with you all that God has given me.

But this scripture comforts me and encourages me to continue to share all things which I believe to be from God with you.  Therefore this scripture confirms me in the way to go.

That is one of the works of the Holy Spirit as HE helps us.

What I am doing is adding this scripture to other scriptures to view daily for a season to help me to be strengthened in the work God has assigned me.

Hebrews 3:13-14    exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.  For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 10:25   exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.


*****

The exhortation for us is to pay attention when the Holy Spirit speaks a verse of scripture to our mind ... or when a portion of scripture stands out to us when we are reading the Bible.

When that happens, it is something we need.  It is like a special message to us from God.

Focus on that scripture, keeping it before you day and night for a season, doing it until it becomes a part of your life.


*****