Friday, June 15, 2018

BOOK: Exhortations For The Church, Volume 1: Chapter 30


Joan Boney
E-book:  $.99
Paperback: $6.99
(USA Prices)

Order from:  Amazon.com


*****


God enables us


The apostle Paul said ...

I Tim. 1:12 ... And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me,

enable: give someone the authority or means to do something



*****

It is like my entire life has prepared me for that which God called me to do.

When I was writing the ministry books which are on Amazon.com, I would begin to write and it was like all my life this is what I have been prepared by God to do.

Pam Padgett told about being a secretary at one part of her life and how she felt it prepared her for the help she gave me in getting these books published.

I think even the circumstances of my parents and how my dad dealt with me was a part of raising my personality up to do what God called me to do.

My dad was a car mechanic. He was very good in his work and a very secure, humble man. He didn't feel it demeaning to do the work he did. He had a strong security in the way he lived, not trying to be more or get more.

With me, he didn't want me to be afraid of powerful men. When I was barely old enough to walk, my dad would take me to the local bank and take me into the bank president's office and stand me on the president's desk and the president of the bank would talk with me. I never knew what it was to be afraid of human authority.

Later as I was in the role of prophet, needing to deliver messages of correction to pastors, I was not afraid to do this work.

But it is God behind everything ... it is God who enables us for the work HE gives us to do.

And each time God gave me an assignment, God made the way to do that assignment. I had the help I needed. God made the way for the money needed to do the work. I never had to fret over money for the work. It was all laid out before me.

When the money is not there to do the assignment, I question if that assignment is of God ... or is that assignment of devil who appears as an angel of light but has the intention to destroy us if possible ... or perhaps that assignment is of our own flesh and ego, wanting to do something "great" for God.

Another twisting of the devil ... men who say they are ministers often come to me asking me to give them money for their work.

They quote, Matthew 28:19 ... Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

But I never hear them quote verse 20 where Jesus says:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

These men come saying "Jesus is Lord", but never have any of these men told me any message God has given them.  I doubt that they have a message from God to teach when they come begging me to pay for their works.

We, who are from God, teach that which God has taught us!  This is the power of God.



*****