Saturday, June 16, 2018

* Righteousness, prosperity, and good success: Part 6 Making the Word of God a part of your life


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Joshua 1:8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.


*****


As we think on the word given us by the Holy Spirit, that will cause us to go in the way God shows us.  Certainly that way will end up being a way of prosperity where things turn out well in the sight of God  according to God's plan for us and HIS purpose.

The apostle Paul says:

Philippians 2:5-7      Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:


***

Jesus came to this earth, not as a "god", though Jesus was God as HIS first begotten Son.

But Jesus didn't exalt Himself by things such as wearing hats and robes to say "Look at Me.  I'm religious. I'm the Son of God. Pay respect to Me."

Jesus did not call himself "Reverend" and such to cause humans to think HIM to be something, though HE was something.

Those who were of God would know HIM.

Jesus' word was with power and authority and by HIS WORD the people of God knew HIM.

HE did not exalt himself among men, but rather "HE made himself of no reputation."

Paul tells us to do this same thing.

When we speak to other people, do we try to make them think we are something special?  Do we structure what we say to bring glory to us?  Do we try to exalt ourselves in their eyes?

We probably tried to do that earlier in our lives.  

But now, do we do that?  

For several weeks, I spent time with the verse where Jesus made Himself of no reputation.  I kept it before me, thinking of how humans try to impress people.  I wanted to do the scripture and purposed to go an opposite way to the flesh of man.

As we think on an instruction from Bible and think on how that instruction is often violated and have a desire to do the verse, I believe God enables us to do what is right in HIS eyes.

And as we do that verse over and over as we live in this life, we develop a good root system and lay a good foundation as we walk on this earth.


***

Philippians 2   And being found in fashion as a man, HE humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

"Not my will but THY will be done."

Jesus did not want to go to the cross.  Three times HE prayed that "this cup" be removed from HIM if possible.  But Jesus saw it was God's way.  Jesus also knew HIS cross would cause the scripture to be fulfilled. So Jesus chose to lay down HIS life because it was God's will for Him.

My own plan for myself was nothing like God's will for me.

I wanted to marry.  But that was not going to be what God designed for my life.  I fought God for many years. Finally, I agreed to what God wanted me to do and after that, I was fine.

There are people today who make fun of me and say evil about me but I do ask God to forgive them for they don't realize that which I'm doing is what God ordained for me to do and to be, doing the work of a minister called by God.  It is by the will of God, as Paul spoke of himself when identifying himself to the church.

An apostle by the will of God ...

When we are set in the church to do the work of a minister, it is good to define to the church the work that we do ... apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher ... Ephesians 4

We see Paul and Peter tell the church that office to which they were called.  

But never did they call themselves "Reverend" to exalt themselves into some identification of being "godly".  Neither should we do that for our example of what to do is Bible and no where in Bible did any man called himself "Reverend", nor did he allow another to call him "Reverend."  

The Bible shows us what to do.



*****

Joshua 1:8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 

When I was born again, 1975, God led me to Joshua 1 and opened my eyes to see this section of scripture.  I did keep it before me day and night with the purpose of doing this scripture.

Other scripture I was led to by God and meditated on for many days and weeks are as follows:


***

John 5:30   Jesus said:  I can of Mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and My judgment is just; because I seek not Mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent Me.

Even Jesus could do nothing of HIS own self and he is the Son of God, creator of heaven and earth by HIS word.

If Jesus could do nothing other than that which HE heard from God, certainly I could do nothing except that which I heard from God.

Being a minister of God is not like learning to become an history teacher.

God must teach those of us who are called as ministers.  Our call is of God.  Our anointing is of God. We must hear from God, by HIS Spirit which dwells in us, to do this work.  And be taught how to do the work to which we are called by God.

II Corinthians 2:5-6   Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.


***

I Corinthians 2:1-5    And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.

(Crucified:  dead to flesh but alive to God, doing God's will not my own will)

And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.


(When we are a minister of God, led by the Spirit of God, the power of God is there to do the work of God as we speak.)



*****

* God taught me to hear HIM by the Holy Spirit as HE brought scripture and concepts to my mind.  God taught me to speak those things brought by HIM, not by wisdom of humans.


* God taught me not to try to entice humans by cleverness.

* God taught me to read only BIBLE and then HE would draw up from BIBLE that which I was to speak.

When I stood before congregation, I rarely had anything at all planned to speak.  I depended on God to bring to my mind what to speak and when HE brought a scripture or a story to my mind, I spoke that.

That is exactly what Jesus did when HE spoke to people.  HE spoke that which God gave HIM to speak.

Paul told us we do as Jesus did.  I Corinthians 2:7   we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:


***

God taught me about the work of the Holy Spirit.

I Corinthians 2:9-14    as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.

But
God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit:
for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.



For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.


Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparying spiritual things with spiritual.

I kept the above before me day and night for it shows the Holy Spirit who lives in us searches the heart of God and will bring to our mind scripture and concepts which show us the will of God for us as we make decisions pertaining to this present life.

The Holy Spirit shows us what to do by giving us thoughts and concepts.


***

Four things we can expect the Holy Spirit to do:

John 14:16  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I lived by this concept about what the Holy Spirit would do.  I still live by this.

When I was first shown this scripture, I owned a business, American Indians Arts.  

I went to the Indian reservations in New Mexico (USA) and bought jewelry and pottery.  

Before I would go on a buying trip, I prayed, asking God to have the Indians make the objects which I would be purchasing.

When I got to the reservation, I asked God to show me which items to buy.  (I believe the Holy Spirit did this by getting my attention on certain objects and by leading me from one item to another.)

When I returned to Dallas where my shop was located, I prayed, asking God to send out the angels to bring people into my shop to purchase the items.

I did all this by faith in God and faith in that which God showed me in the scriptures.

Every item sold and I had no sales during the years I operated the business until the last 3 days when I told my customers prices would be reduced by 10% for I was closing my business in three days to go into the ministry.

For the past 43-years, I have depended on the leading of the Holy Spirit in all ways pertaining to my life on this earth ... and I have never seen HIM fail to lead me.

Romans 8:14     For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


***


And the following scripture was brought to my attention by God by HIS Spirit and I certainly kept scripture before me constantly doing it until this present day.

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

God's wisdom is often so different from my thinking.

Isaiah 55:6-12    Seek ye the Lord while HE may be found, call ye upon Him while HE is near:

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and HE will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for HE will abundantly pardon.

For MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways, and MY thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall MY word be that goeth forth out of MY mouth: it shall not return unto ME void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it



For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: 

I want God's wisdom, not my own wisdom!


God promises:

Isaiah 54:14-15    In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by Me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.


*****